• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

How long did it take for the lump sum election form to show up in your my vac account?

How long did it take for the lump sum election form to show up in your my vac account?
8 days for me. Overall, from the time I requested the Election for Lump Sum form to the time the lump sum amount was deposited in my account was fairly fast, as just a little over 2 weeks! That's considering and taking into affect that they will officially tell you it could take up to 6 weeks to receive the form and then up to 6 weeks for them to process it. It doesn't take that long if it's all done via electronically through My VAC Account. Here's how the process works for those new at this and believe me, I was asking these same questions a few years back when I had my first claim in...

1. Once you get a favourable Decision, send email to VAC in My VAC Account requesting you are opting for the Lump Sum option and would like to request electronically an Election for Lump Sum Payment Form. (I received mine in 8 days.)

2. Once Lump Sum Form is received, scroll down in form and check the box under D. that says Confirmation of election for lump sum, then submit it via My VAC Account.

3. VAC will then email you stating your Lump Sum payment has been processed and you will receive a direct deposit within two weeks. ( I received my lump sum deposit 2 days after.

So yea, for me anyway, it went fast BUT not everyone will be the same. Some people will receive it fast, some others will wait longer, it seems there is no rhyme or reason. For me the fastest part was when I sent the Lump Sum form to VAC for processing the amount.

Wow so I still have to wait for the email for them to confirm it's processed before the payment shows up? Looks like I'm going to see the full 6 weeks on this one.

Wow so I still have to wait for the email for them to confirm it's processed before the payment shows up? Looks like I'm going to see the full 6 weeks on this one.
Affirmative. VAC will email you via My VAC Account when your lump sum payment has been processed. On my email from VAC they told me I would receive the deposit in 2 weeks, but I had mine just 2 days after which was surprising for sure lol.

Affirmative. VAC will email you via My VAC Account when your lump sum payment has been processed. On my email from VAC they told me I would receive the deposit in 2 weeks, but I had mine just 2 days after which was surprising for sure lol.
I see, guess ill look out for that. thanks

Contacted VAC regarding the wait times, mine was submitted on the 23rd via myvac account. They said its processing and can take up to 6 weeks.
I spoke with a rep today he said it usually takes a week and a half but they
join the list lol the way I see it, is if you don’t see your deposit in 2 weeks or less you’ll be waiting the full 6 weeks !!

It's frustrating seeing their wait time average coming down while a lot of longer claims are still not completed... talking about many many weeks past that estimated wait time...

It's frustrating seeing their wait time average coming down while a lot of longer claims are still not completed... talking about many many weeks past that estimated wait time...
Lol so after submitting my election for lump sum on March 18th vac calculated my payout incorrectly and sent me a new revised election form on April 15th lol so after a month of waiting for payment 😂 Im sent to the back of the line to wait another 6 weeks lol

Just received a new mail notice and on checking on My Vac I can see that the disability appliction I submitted in March 2019 for Fibromyalgia (consequential) is now showing "complete". I had been sitting at Stage 3 since May 2019 so about 23 months to get to this point
However, I don't have the actual decision letter yet. Anyone one know if they upload the decision letters to My Vac or whether they are simply mailed out (snail mail)? Its been two days and nothing has appeared in the My Vac new mail window? More waiting it seems ...

Last edited:
Just received a new mail notice and on checking on My Vac I can see that the disability appliction I submitted in March 2019 for Fibromyalgia (consequential) is now showing "complete". I had been sitting at Stage 3 since May 2019 so about 23 months to get to this point
However, I don't have the actual decision letter yet. Anyone one know if they upload the decision letters to My Vac or whether they are simply mailed out (snail mail)? Its been two days and nothing has appeared in the My Vac new mail window? More waiting it seems ...
RedGalaxy,
You won't be waiting much longer. You should receive your Decision Letter electronically in your My VAC Account within a week if I was a bettin' man. You will also receive it in hard copy form by mail at a later date, shortly after that. You get it first electronically. Also, in case you were not aware...if you get a Favourable Decision and you Elect for Lump Sum payment, you have to email VAC to request the Election for Lump Sum option form. Once you receive it, open it and check the Elect for Lump Sum box and submit back to VAC for processing.

RedGalaxy,
You won't be waiting much longer. You should receive your Decision Letter electronically in your My VAC Account within a week if I was a bettin' man. You will also receive it in hard copy form by mail at a later date, shortly after that. You get it first electronically. Also, in case you were not aware...if you get a Favourable Decision and you Elect for Lump Sum payment, you have to email VAC to request the Election for Lump Sum option form. Once you receive it, open it and check the Elect for Lump Sum box and submit back to VAC for processing.
Thanks Ignatius. Much obliged!

just got the email today regarding the upcoming payment. Submitted the form on March 23. so just alittle over 3 weeks most likely once deposit is in!

just got the email today regarding the upcoming payment. Submitted the form on March 23. so just alittle over 3 weeks most likely once deposit is in!
Not bad at all there blaze87! I had to call VAC yesterday actually to light a fire under their ass again as my Claim was just sitting idle on Step 2 since 7 months. I'm talking 7 months since VAC received the Medical form from my Family Doctor. VAC told me they will try to rattle the claims departments cages to get it moving. It should have been on Step 3 a long time ago.

Today marks one year at Stage 3. This is for a PTSD claim that they say was “complete“ August 15, 2019. I cant help but worry that my file is in the bottom drawer of an abandoned desk. Short of asking for a Ministerial Inquiry, I’m not sure how to get any information to confirm I’m still in the pile. Anyone have any ideas?

Just checked and my claim is at 91 weeks. Do I win something if it gets to 100?

Yeah, a nice letter that says "Veterans Affairs has determined your condition is not service connected."

Back