• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

Submitted application in October 2019. Received in complete in April 2020, went to Stage 3. Suspended in February 2021, for more information. Sent the requested, completed package in April 2021. Indicated that it was back to decision-making, Stage 3, at end of May 2021.

So, for the more educated: does this mean that I now expect to wait another year?
My application went to Stage 3 and was suspended on 2 occasions. The last time my application was at Stage 3 for 85 weeks before it was suspended as VAC Dr did not agree with diagnosis. Neurologist sent proof of diagnosis and I am now at Stage 3 for 33 weeks. My understanding from discussion with VAC is that your file basically goes back into the pile and wait. You would think that having been at 85 weeks in Stage 3 and then receiving proof they requested that it would be quicker but not the case.

You would think that having been at 85 weeks in Stage 3 and then receiving proof they requested that it would be quicker but not the case.
That would be logical. You are not dealing with a logical gov't nor Department. Write your MP.

That would be logical. You are not dealing with a logical gov't nor Department. Write your MP.
I asked my MP if he knew about VAC state of claims time to process them, not to help just if he knew about it, never answered just got the usual reply we will get back to asap, that started October 2019 never got a real reply from him that he was aware of VAC waiting times.

Today marks one year at Stage 3. This is for a PTSD claim that they say was “complete“ August 15, 2019. I cant help but worry that my file is in the bottom drawer of an abandoned desk. Short of asking for a Ministerial Inquiry, I’m not sure how to get any information to confirm I’m still in the pile. Anyone have any ideas?
Lionel Desmond had his idea how to deal with it.

I think you may want to consider what you post here.
The system fail him and his family may be not VAC per say but, it happened in my province, I do not condone what he did, I read lot of post on this site and Facebook, there is lot of despairs and frustration of lot more desperate VET than me, I say get the Liberal and Conservative administration accountable for the cut backs and lack of planning of VAC.

The system fail him and his family may be not VAC per say but, it happened in my province, I do not condone what he did, I read lot of post on this site and Facebook, there is lot of despairs and frustration of lot more desperate VET than me, I say get the Liberal and Conservative administration accountable for the cut backs and lack of planning of VAC.
This thread is about VAC wait times. Examples supporting that topic are reasonable. This is not.

Lionel Desmond had his idea how to deal with it.

And this is an inappropriate hanging implication of applicability of Desmond’s actions to other issues.

Back onto the thread topic and tread carefully.

Milnet.ca Staff

86 weeks yesterday and still going strong...
Last I heard 2 months ago they were doing April 2019 cases.

For Wait times and claim processing it seems there's no medium, but I do notice some claims for myself and my brother moving a LOT faster than say a couple years or so ago. He just had a Claim go to Complete in 16 weeks. That's including when he first submitted it back in March 2021.

My wait time for a decision on hearing loss and tinnitus was 499 days from submission of the first paperwork to decision.

Tinnitus approved, hearing loss not approved. I was going to fight it but I looked up the numbers VAC considers a disability for hearing loss and I'm not in that range yet, its pretty black and white. Can anybody here give me the Cole's note of why Tinnitus is pain and suffering compensation and hearing loss is a disability?

Now I need to find somebody who can give me sound financial advise for lump sum vs lifelong payment.

Supposedly they're on June 2019 at the moment...
Just got the same info. Looking back, in June they were at April 2019. That means they move a month every month. By my math, that's 15 more months to wait for my decision, which they got all the files for in September 2020 (and I applied in Feb 2020). They can't even update my file with new medical information (what kind of garbage system is that), so the 2nd surgery I had and 3rd that needs to happen can't even be counted unless I ask for a review once they render a decision.

Now that the 2021 Elections are called, what will be the pace of applications? I intend to put my MP candidates to tell me of how their Minister will keep on getting results and fighting cuts, since this what started this problem under PC/O Toole if I read the info on the web.

There is "some move" on my vac claim. Basically, they split my compartment syndrome into 2, one for each leg.
That`s about it. Step 3 was reached on Dec 2019.

You know there is a page under VAC site called: Disability benefit Processing-Summary Report, found under Media kit, it is supposed to be updated 90 days after the last one which it happened to be 31 March, last time I looked at my calendar it is early September, still no update, I sent email to "contact us" no reply and the poor messengers at VAC claims that they do do not know about said summary, anybody else is trying to get info on their claims stats this way? Thank you

For Wait times and claim processing it seems there's no medium, but I do notice some claims for myself and my brother moving a LOT faster than say a couple years or so ago. He just had a Claim go to Complete in 16 weeks. That's including when he first submitted it back in March 2021.
Nice to see that some of claims are moving and the ones that are lucky to get done share the success , it give some hope to me anyway!

Looks like my application has been completed and approved recently, as I had sent and email on Sep 23 and they were still working on July 2019 case. Still have not seen a decision letter, but it shows as complete and the payment is in the current benefits page.
Claim was for Compartment Syndrome, got 5%.

Looks like my application has been completed and approved recently, as I had sent and email on Sep 23 and they were still working on July 2019 case. Still have not seen a decision letter, but it shows as complete and the payment is in the current benefits page.
Claim was for Compartment Syndrome, got 5%.
Congrats on finally having your claim completed.

Back