• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vacation?

Lebanese Canadian

Inactive
Reaction score
If someone is in the reserves, can he for example leave the country for a vacation(for example in the summer),and still be in the reserves,or does he have to quit?

Thank you

Originally posted by Lebanese Canadian:
[qb] If someone is in the reserves, can he for example leave the country for a vacation(for example in the summer),and still be in the reserves,or does he have to quit?

Thank you [/qb]
If it is only for the summer vacation (let say 4 months) you will only have to inform one of your superiors. You may be asked to fill in an extended leave without pay permission to be approved by the CO but usually not for the summer and for sure you will not have to quit the reserves.

Also if your MOC requires you a high level of security and you visit the so called scheduled countries you may have to pass a brefing when you leave and will be asked a couple questions when you are back (you will need to provide a lot of info such as dates, addresses, names of all places/people you have visited).

Any time you are going to a schedualed country you are required to go through a briefing

I was wonder about this also!

So i'm going to be driving across Canada, from Vancouver to Montreal so my girlfriend can visit my family there. I'm planning on joining the reserves in February but i'll be doing this cross-country drive in the summer, so I was wondering if by doing this, I will miss valuable training that won't be done again? Should I just wait to join the reserves after next summer? Or should I just go on ahead and join in February and take the two month vacation?

ark said:
If it is only for the summer vacation (let say 4 months) you will only have to inform one of your superiors. You may be asked to fill in an extended leave without pay permission to be approved by the CO but usually not for the summer and for sure you will not have to quit the reserves.

Also if your MOC requires you a high level of security and you visit the so called scheduled countries you may have to pass a brefing when you leave and will be asked a couple questions when you are back (you will need to provide a lot of info such as dates, addresses, names of all places/people you have visited).

FOUR MONTHS!!!  Must be University students. 

Other than that, Ark has it pretty much right.

Back