• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Varsity Hockey at RMC

M3LT

Inactive
Reaction score
What's a comparable organization (ie NCAA D1 etc)? If you wanted to join the team, what experience and skill level is the coach looking for? Are there tryouts for the team after acceptance or do you have to get in contact with the coach before applying to RMC?

RMC Hockey plays in USports against other Canadian universities. I dont know if there's a direct translation in skill level but it's the Canadian version of NCAA D1.

RMC Hockey plays in USports against other Canadian universities. I dont know if there's a direct translation in skill level but it's the Canadian version of NCAA D1.
Most USports hockey players are ex-Junior players. Because most of them are older and more experienced I would argue that USports Hockey is better quality than NCAA.

Most USports hockey players are ex-Junior players. Because most of them are older and more experienced I would argue that USports Hockey is better quality than NCAA.
Tell that to U Michigan. That school is starting to take over the NHL.

While the quality of the OUAA has indeed been rising, that doesn’t necessarily directly translate to RMC, which is a traditional basement dweller, which shouldn’t be a surprise. RMC is a small school to begin with, and doesn’t attract many of the former OHL players.

Majority of RMC players are Ex Junior A/B. Think BCHL, Maritime Jr A, etc.

That said, they do attract a handful of ex-major junior players from time to time.

Back