• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Veh Tech

Chauhan

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm going for it I found a lot of info about it thru research on this site, others, and my recruiters and I still have some questions If anyone could answer them I'd appreciate it.

1) How do the ranks work, Is the promotion slower?
2) Does question # 1 affect your pay..how much u make your first year, and after..?
3) Whats a typical day in a Veh Techs life like from 6 am....to whenever, What do u do?

Try the search function next time you have a question..

anyways..

1.) How fast you get rank is up to you. In the Reserve after 2 years you can get Cpl, you need to be atleast QL3 qualified; some trades want more quals though. After that, its up to you be a good troop, show leadership abilities, etc Get onto a PLQ an pass it, you can get MCpl, etc

2.) What you get paid depends on your rank an IPC(time in rank)
To know how much a private makes, search for a pay scale

3.) In a Reserve unit, class A veh techs will either do maintance or classes, etc on the parade night. Out in the field, you can be pretty busy fixing vehicles, etc.  Don't worry to much about this, since you can't really do any veh tech stuff untill you are QL3 qual.

I've been looking around the forums for information on becoming a vehicle technician and I've answered several of my own questions doing so. I would still like the opportunity to talk with a reg. force vtech so I could hopefully get a few more of my questions answered and clarify a few details. I graduate from highschool at the end of next year and am now considering the reg forces rather then university so its decision making time!

HI there well i am not a v tech yet i am just starting my course if i can help you let me know

1.) How fast you get rank is up to you. it will take you 4 years to get to corporal in the reg force and then after that it is up to you and how hard you want it

2.) What you get paid depends on your rank an IPC(time in rank)
To know how much a private makes, search for a pay scale

3.) i can't tell you what it is like in base but during school it is 730- 430 mon to fri

Back