• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Venereal-disease rates soar among soldiers

Quite a lot of STIs do not require penetration and/or exchange of bodily fluid.  Most only require "intimate" contact.
But yes, chlamydia is quite contagious and often people are asymptomatic.

Do these stats include a single person returning multiple times for seperate cases of the drip? ooh say 8 times to be exact  :eek:

(True story btw 8 times for the drip.... all in Canada no overseas trips to aquire the STD)

And no it's not me!

PMedMoe said:
Quite a lot of STIs do not require penetration and/or exchange of bodily fluid.
Suit yourself, but I think it's more fun the old-fashioned way  :nod:

BulletMagnet said:
Do these stats include a single person returning multiple times for seperate cases of the drip? ooh say 8 times to be exact  :eek:

(True story btw 8 times for the drip.... all in Canada no overseas trips to aquire the STD)

And no it's not me!

Man, we know a lot of smart guys who's brains are entirely overridden by their scrotums.

Bring back pre-penicillin treatments. Irrigation and that little "umbrella "device they used to scrap the inside of the urinary tract. I get a shudder just thinking about that...... :eek:

Gezzus ... Globe and Mail get a frigging grip on reality:

Symptoms of Chlamydia
The early symptoms of chlamydial infection are usually mild, for this reason it has sometimes been called "the silent STD."

If symptoms occur, they usually appear within 1 to 3 weeks after exposure. Studies report that 10 to 20 percent of sexually active female teens harbor chlamydial infections. In up to 75 percent of cases, the infection is clinically inapparent. As a result, the disease is often not diagnosed until complications develop.

Symptoms of chlamydial infection in the cervix, urethra, or anus may include intermittent vaginal bleeding or discharge, pain on urination, or ill-defined abdominal discomfort.

In men, chlamydial infections cause about 40 percent of the cases of nongonococcal urethritis (NGU), an inflammation of the urinary tract. The most common symptom of NGU is a discharge of mucus or pus from the penis. Some men also notice pain when urinating. Pain or swelling in the scrotal area may be signs of epididymitis, an inflammation of a part of the male reproductive system located near the testicles. Up to 50 percent of men have no symptoms.

Diagnosis of Chlamydia
The diagnosis is often made clinically and by exclusion. In women, a pelvic exam and cervical and urethral swabs for chlamydia and gonorrhea are performed. In men, a urethral swab is taken. Negative cultures or screenings do not completely rule out infection.

Now, usually "silent" unless complications develop ... or until medical exam reveals it's existance to the unaware carrier ...

Tell me what percentage of the average civilian male (or female) population actually has annual medical exams like our soldiers do and therefore have this "silent STD" actually diagnosed.

Eu-fucking-Reka.

And, I'm not even a rocket scientist.  ::)

well put Vern

Unfortunately, MsM find that they get enough fodder from their Access to Information requests ... where we pert much drop our drawers for them, upon request.

I'm always ready to consider additional input, which informs an opinion.
ArmyVern said:
Studies report that 10 to 20 percent of sexually active female teens harbor chlamydial infections.

In addition to my earlier comment that you ladies obviously need to avoid sex with male soldiers under 30 years of age, perhaps we men should avoid "sexually active female teens" -- well, at least "10 to 20 percent" of them. *  ;D

-------------
* Of course, with stats, there's always that scientific research caveat:
"accurate plus or minus 2 years, 19 times out of 20, unless Jack Daniels is involved, in which case all bets are off" 
>:D

Women in their late teens & early tweens.... nice on the eyes but, hard on the soldiers....
While I enjoy the window shopping, I find that the older girls know what they want ... MUCH less complicated

When I was 20 I dated Woman in their 30's they knew what they wanted and less head games. Not to mention less chance of STD's as well.

Back