• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Veterans Transition Netwrok

maniac

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone have int on this?  Just read about it in Legion Mag,  they are really pushing it (I guess since they are funding it).  Seems like they (RCL) are trying to get into the MH game a little late, since DND has OTSSC and VAC has OSI Clinics,  they don't stand much of a chance getting anymore funding from either of them.

http://vtncanada.org/

Can't see DND/CF and VAC being much of a force generator for them either.

I was part of the initial Veterans Transition Program run out of UBC back in 1997. It's still run by Dr's Marv Westwood, David Kuhl and Tim Black.

Without being evangelistic about it, it was a program that changed life for me and my 6 buddies whom I went through it with. We all served together on the same tour in 93 with Charlie Coy 2VP. When we came home we just couldn't get our shit together, we neither moved forwards or backwards ...basically just stagnated. I refer to it as the "Doldrums" period of my life. Upon finishing the program, our focus and momentum picked up and we all moved forward successfully and were able to get established in careers (3/4's of which were emergency services related). I went on to work as a volunteer peer support worker with the program for a few years until life took off and I became too busy.

I was invited this week to a XMAS function that the VTN/VTP put on, the reason that it's getting quite a bit of attention is that they recently secured funding from VAC and the Legion to take it cross country. This is an outstanding program and it will help a lot of troops!

Cheers
Noneck

I can only echo what noneck has said. I found this program very helpful in getting my life together. It really is life changing. Veterans helping veterans.

Back