• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Victoria is facing a public-safety crisis

Well, it seems that at least the criminals have an entrepreneurial spirit out this way...

Video shows suspect throw himself at moving taxi in violent Colwood carjacking​

A man throws himself onto the windshield and hood of a moving taxi in dashcam video of an alleged carjacking in Colwood, April 15, 2023.
Warning: This story contains graphic images and video that may be upsetting to some readers.

Video of a violent carjacking in Colwood shows an 18-year-old suspect throwing his body into the windshield of a moving taxi before violently assaulting its driver and stealing the vehicle, police say.

The suspect has been arrested following the violent assault and carjacking, which took place near the 2300-block of Sooke Road just after midnight on Saturday, April 15.

Cars's Driving...Cars's Driving...Car STOPS=> Crazy person on windscreen!!! IA - Immediately engage accelerator to gain momentum, slam on brake until they fly off; Immediately re-engage accelerator until THUMP THUMP heard and continue to safety; call 911.

We trained our population to not get involved. We've taught them they have no responsibility in public safety and we've taught them violence doesn't solve anything.
It's worse than that. We have taught the population not only to not get involved, but in many cases they cheer on the criminals or even interfere with those attempting to stop their actions.

Stealing from Walmart? Thats ok they are a multi-billion corporation therefore it is ok to steal from them. Now look at all the stores closing in the main areas of many cities with extremely relaxed laws towards theft/shoplifting. Yet the people have the audacity to blame the stores not the thieves for the closures.

Hell look at George Floyd, which well I don't think he should have died in custody, wasn't a particularly good human being and society is better off without him. Yet he is a martyr who people look to as a role model despite about the only real good thing he did in his life being dying in custody well high on fentanyl and meth.

The whole violence doesn't solve anything line is one that is simply wrong. Made for people who can't stomach the fact that when you really break it down society only functions due to the fact violence or the threat of violence is the only thing which keeps everything running smoothly.

Hell look at George Floyd, which well I don't think he should have died in custody, wasn't a particularly good human being and society is better off without him. Yet he is a martyr who people look to as a role model despite about the only real good thing he did in his life being dying in custody well high on fentanyl and meth.

That’s a truly garbage take. George Floyd was murdered by a police officer who used excessive force, abetted by other officers who ought to have known and done better. George Floyd did many bad things in life, none of which made him deserve being murdered. His death went WELL beyond police using justified force in the execution of their duties. Police are trained and empowered to do things most people are not permitted to do, in order to keep the public safe. In the case of George Floyd, that’s not what happened.

That’s a truly garbage take. George Floyd was murdered by a police officer who used excessive force, abetted by other officers who ought to have known and done better. George Floyd did many bad things in life, none of which made him deserve being murdered. His death went WELL beyond police using justified force in the execution of their duties. Police are trained and empowered to do things most people are not permitted to do, in order to keep the public safe. In the case of George Floyd, that’s not what happened.
I never said he should have died that way, simply that society is better off without him. Certainly not someone I want as a neighbour, your tolerance of criminals may vary.

Lets list this hero's accomplishments:
Aggravated Robbery with a deadly weapon
Distributing drugs x2
Possession of drugs x2
Criminal Trespass
Not to mention using counterfeit currency well high on meth and fentanyl

I never said he should have died that way, simply that society is better off without him. Certainly not someone I want as a neighbour, your tolerance of criminals may vary.

Lets list this hero's accomplishments:
Aggravated Robbery with a deadly weapon
Distributing drugs x2
Possession of drugs x2
Criminal Trespass
Not to mention using counterfeit currency well high on meth and fentanyl
None of which is relevant to or mitigates the fact that he was murdered. I’m not saying he was a hero or a good person- simply that he was a murder victim. You water down “he was murdered by a police officer” to “I don’t think he should have died in custody”, and then try to shift responsibility for his death away from his murderer and onto him for consuming drugs.

I’m the first to defend police who use force lawfully and righteously, and I’m more than happy to send criminals to jail. But I also think western society should have generally high expectations of police, like not murdering people in custody. When you pull a situation like that into a broader (and generally reasonable) viewpoint about criminals being tolerated and coddled - which I generally agree with you on - it really pulls the rug out from under the merits in the rest of what you’re saying.

@brihard agreed. Floyd was a POS human, but even POS humans deserve their day in court. And that cop did police services all over the world a dirty hit by what he did, and he deserves everything he gets.
Yup. Derek Chauvin dishonoured the profession, and made an already difficult job even harder for the rest of us on his way out the door. Police in Canada absolutely get stuck wearing the stain for how society perceives misconduct in the States. To hell with that guy.

Last edited:
Cars's Driving...Cars's Driving...Car STOPS=> Crazy person on windscreen!!! IA - Immediately engage accelerator to gain momentum, slam on brake until they fly off; Immediately re-engage accelerator until THUMP THUMP heard and continue to safety; call 911.
And may be keep your door locked so it can't be yanked open by a crazy person.

We trained our population to not get involved. We've taught them they have no responsibility in public safety and we've taught them violence doesn't solve anything.
Same thing as in Vancouver during the stabbing. Same thing you see every day in the New York and Toronto undergrounds.

Terribly disheartening. Turning into Russia, we are.

Once again "experts" got involved. Ones that have never faced a MH person on the street, or faced a gang of criminals.

And may be keep your door locked so it can't be yanked open by a crazy person.

In this case the crazy person seems to have been a member of Rugby Canada, recently released from the club because of this incident:

RUGBY CANADA STATEMENT ON RECENT INCIDENT INVOLVING PACIFIC PRIDE PLAYER​

The rugby community may have become aware today through a video and story released by the news of a recent incident involving Pacific Pride player Sione Fine.

Rugby Canada has removed Sione Fine from the Pacific Pride Academy Program.

We were made aware on April 18 of an earlier incident involving several Pacific Pride players gathered at a private residence. In the face of incomplete information, we initially placed four players under suspension while we investigated further.

We were unaware of any criminal charges until today. We pledge our full cooperation with law enforcement.

Given what we have learned today, Sione Fine has been released from the Pacific Pride Academy and any Rugby Canada activities. We now consider this a matter for the justice system. Two players remain suspended as they proceed through due process as per our discipline and complaints policy.

We have no further comment at this time.

…and the Rugby Canada dumpster fire continues to burn hot and bright….

As far as I am concerned the men's game in Canada is dead. With us not making the upcoming RWC that pretty much puts the nail in the coffin.

Let the men's club sides play the game and have fun. But I would pretty much pull investment from the program and give it all to the women's sides and minis programs and then perhaps in 20 or 30 years we will be able to compete on the men's world stage again.

…and the Rugby Canada dumpster fire continues to burn hot and bright….
Yeah they definitely didn't need the criminal charge aspect. They do well enough self immolating to not add more fuel to the fire

In this case the crazy person seems to have been a member of Rugby Canada, recently released from the club because of this incident:

RUGBY CANADA STATEMENT ON RECENT INCIDENT INVOLVING PACIFIC PRIDE PLAYER​

The rugby community may have become aware today through a video and story released by the news of a recent incident involving Pacific Pride player Sione Fine.

Rugby Canada has removed Sione Fine from the Pacific Pride Academy Program.

We were made aware on April 18 of an earlier incident involving several Pacific Pride players gathered at a private residence. In the face of incomplete information, we initially placed four players under suspension while we investigated further.

We were unaware of any criminal charges until today. We pledge our full cooperation with law enforcement.

Given what we have learned today, Sione Fine has been released from the Pacific Pride Academy and any Rugby Canada activities. We now consider this a matter for the justice system. Two players remain suspended as they proceed through due process as per our discipline and complaints policy.

We have no further comment at this time.

Sorry, what is this about?

The article is not particularly enlightening...

Back