• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

video from CFLRS

yot

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/engraph/btraining/cflrs_e.aspx#s2

I don't know this is new or what, but I just notice that they have video about cflrs.

These are the videos that are normally shown during the enrolment ceremony and they will give you a pretty good idea what you will be doing on recruit training.  This is new to the website.

Thanks for posting that yot.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of changes to the Recruiting website in general lately.  Good stuff.

Maybe this is why the recruiting process is so long, because they spend all their time developing websites instead of selecting candidates.  (I'm kidding of course, I know the two things are not related). 

this video is different from others, u can hear the "mean" word saying from the plt commender. This could give me more idea about the BMQ  :)

its cool!

Oh shit,dont tell me we all have to go through that. I mean  to be honest with you people,I'm a slow learner,I need time to get to do the thing right the right way. So do u guys think there is any place there for slow learners. I mean if the answer is no,tell me plz,so i can cancel this whole mess i got myself into ,and relax.

Here are some direct links so you can save the files.

Basic Officer Training Course
- http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/videos/high/botc_en.wmv

Basic Recruit Training Course
- http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/videos/high/basic_rt_en.wmv

Oh man, 2 years as a janitor will come handy it seem. 

If you've got that attitude then maybe you weren't fit for the military in the first place. There are slow learners everywhere in the world, and they get by fine. I'm sure you'd get by BMQ fine too if you had the right /attitude/!

It's a life altering decision so you might want to re-think it through.

Good luck

I got a question regarding swimming.  Do they expect you to be a good swimmer right away or will they teach you through the training?  I know I can swim but it's probably been over 10 years since I have done it and to be honest, I never did any sort of diving.

I planned on practicing a little before heading there but I was wonder how much they expect you to know.

Thanks for the post, I've been looking for a video on BMQ for a while. It's taken a while to load though, maybe it's my computer. Fogpatrol I don't think you have to be a really good swimmer right off the bat, but it can't hurt to be an okay swimmer. If you haven't gone swimming in 10 years you might want to drop by the pool a few times before you go as you are planning.

Lebanese Canadian

You may consider yourself a slow learner but it appears that you have taken steps to educate yourself on a possible career option.  Basic Training is indeed tough but the instructors are there to push and guide you.  What you see as your limits may not be the limits that others may see in you.  The military may or may not be the best option for you but the only way to find out where your limits are is to go for it and strive for what you want.  Accept criticism and advice when it is given to you and reciprocate when you feel you have something to offer.

So basically that basic training we just saw on this video,is  for 1 month ? And say someone had his basic training in early summer,when he's done with his basic training,is he directly taken somewhere to  start another course? If yes,can he ask permission not to do the course later bec he wants to leave,go home or something for the rest of the summer?

LC,

Read through the FAQ, the DND websight. All the answers to your questions (and many others) are right in front of you.
Once you read through all the material you should have a good sense of what to expect in BMQ and the CF in general.
Take the time to read it all, it will be worth the effort.

Genesis..

Thanks for the direct link for the download.  I was gonna look for it today, so you saved me the hassle!

I like the part with the morning inspection, you can see buddy in the background doing some good ol' genuine  issue push ups.  Thanks for posting that link.

This is an example of the regular force BMQ.  The video is surprisingly accurate and does provide a good sense of the course length and content.  I didn't go thru a
reserve force BMQ, but they receive the same course content whether its done on weekends or in the summer.  Perhaps the intensity or the amount of time spent on
a particular topic may not be quite the same.  Maybe others who went thru a reserve BMQ could answer that.  Heres another good link:

http://salh.jfahy.net/

Are those guys regular or reserve? Or it doesnt really make a difference. And the basic training is 10 weeks, but what if its in fall and part time. I couldnt find a detailed schedule of basic training  part time in fall.

Thank you

That was an okay representation of CFLRS....mind you that was the PC version of the whole mess.

You better plan on getting really hardcore really fast....your your gonna be out to lunch :fifty:

Lebanese Canadian said:
Are those guys regular or reserve? Or it doesnt really make a difference. And the basic training is 10 weeks, but what if its in fall and part time. I couldnt find a detailed schedule of basic training   part time in fall.

Thank you
You're right in your assumption - it doesn't really make much of a difference whether they're regular or reserve.  The training is essentially the same.

To the best of my knowledge, fall part time BMQs run on weekends and generallygo from aprox. 1830 on a Friday until 1600 on Sunday.  In terms of how many weeks, well that would depend on how many breaks are taken for holidays or other requirements.  Should be the equivalent of 10 full weeks though, just broken down into 2-3 day chunks.

Back