• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walking the dog???

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the funniest incicents I had was in Trenton, I saw this young officer by Tpt and he was walking with a Timmies in one hand and eating an apple with the other, being the keen Sgt I was at the time I decided I should pay the proper compliments, it was a hoot watching him try to decide to drop the apple or the Timmies

Sig_Des said:
And I can guarantee that if said CWO had seen the Cpl just dropping his smoke, there would have been hell to pay.

Not hell, Sig, but the proper way of disposing of a drop cigarette butt discovered by a CWO usually involves a proper burial in a grave that takes forever to dig. A run to quarters after said grave is dug to change into the proper uniform for the funreal ceremony. After said ceremony a hour or two or the parade square to make up for lack of precision in the funeral. Then another run to quarters to change yet again to fill in said grave in the proper duty wear. Depending on the CWO and the time of the week this could take up to 48hrs of practice before satisfaction was achieved. Lesson: if you smoke find a nice unobservable corner and remember to field strip.

Riggermade;
Coming out of a liquor store, box of beer under one arm and bottle of whisky under the other. Watching that decision process-"Priceless"

Nothing worse than being in Trenton and you come out of the bank to see a Capt leaning against the building, no headdress, flight jacket unzipped and having a smoke

riggermade said:
One of the funniest incicents I had was in Trenton, I saw this young officer by Tpt and he was walking with a Timmies in one hand and eating an apple with the other, being the keen Sgt I was at the time I decided I should pay the proper compliments, it was a hoot watching him try to decide to drop the apple or the Timmies

Huh?  I thought that when you have things in both hands, you are just supposed to compliment/acknowledge by coming to 'attention' while you walk ... am I wrong?

Ahhhh but all flustered people don't think they react...and reaction is Salute in return....I have seen it done to Officers on bikes now that is always worth seeing.

What is it with flight crews and their lack of having the skill set to "operate zipper on flight jacket"??

HitorMiss said:
Ahhhh but all flustered people don't think they react...and reaction is Salute in return....I have seen it done to Officers on bikes now that is always worth seeing.

Haha, yeah Comox is a good place to watch for that..

Bzzliteyr said:
What is it with flight crews and their lack of having the skill set to "operate zipper on flight jacket"??

There is so many we loose track of which is zipped which isn't.  ;)

Max

I_am_John_Galt_(again) said:
Huh?  I thought that when you have things in both hands, you are just supposed to compliment/acknowledge by coming to 'attention' while you walk ... am I wrong?

Your also taught to carry things in your left hand.If you have too much,make two trips and stop being lazy.When carrying coffee hold it by the top arm strait down.Looks more professional and your ready for a salute,without coffee going everywhere.Also walking and eating is right up there with smoking.

EX_RCAC_011 said:
Your also taught to carry things in your left hand.If you have too much,make two trips and stop being lazy.When carrying coffee hold it by the top arm strait down.Looks more professional and your ready for a salute,without coffee going everywhere.
  Tell me you're joking.

Well, some people just don't have all that time I guess to go back and forth, so they use both hands... 

Max

"Sorry I'm late, Sir: I had to walk clear across the base three times, because if I tried take my helmet bag and my kit bag in one trip, I wouldn't have been able to salute anyone" ... is this what you mean by "lazy"? I've also yet to see an order that tells me that carrying a cup of coffee by "the top, arm straight down, looks more professional"

You have to use a bit of common sense.  Instead of having your hands full, put the items in a nuke bag.  That way you will be able to return the compliments when they are presented. 

At the unit the troops actively hunt officers with two handfuls of stuff in order to pay the compliments and watch the officer struggle.

Well, you unit is certainly not mine...  I have never seen anyone do such things here...  What kind of person would do that???

Max

SupersonicMax said:
Well, some people just don't have all that time I guess to go back and forth, so they use both hands... 

Max

Or use a issued backpack.Place small items in your pocket.This is another thing that annoys me seeing troops marching with a wallet or some small object that can be placed in the pocket.Having a lack of time does not constitute looking like a sacko.

I_am_John_Galt_(again) said:
"Sorry I'm late, Sir: I had to walk clear across the base three times, because if I tried take my helmet bag and my kit bag in one trip, I wouldn't have been able to salute anyone" ... is this what you mean by "lazy"? I've also yet to see an order that tells me that carrying a cup of coffee by "the top, arm straight down, looks more professional"

Where is the left hand suppose to be when saluting there skins?I have yet to see a Timmy's cup in a drill manual as well.But it shows where the right arm is placed while saluting.And I'll give you a hint.

Its not a 90 degree bend horizontal across the chest.

Your an officer and you can't plan how to move a kitbag and a backpack....Tell me YOUR joking?

How about saying "sorry I'm late sir.I have no understanding of time appreciation,critical thinking or planning."

There have been times when hubby had to carry our daughter for a short distance while in uniform. Inevitably he always ended up getting saluted in the process. He had taken to carrying daughter in left arm, and when he returned the salute...she usually followed suit...kinda cute really. It only happened a couple times and since our daughter has been able to make the trip under her own steam...she now walks beside daddy, holding his hand...and still salutes back (with the wrong hand). Still cute though.

EX_RCAC_011 said:
Or use a issued backpack.Place small items in your pocket.This is another thing that annoys me seeing troops marching with a wallet or some small object that can be placed in the pocket.Having a lack of time does not constitute looking like a sacko.

Where is the left hand suppose to be when saluting there skins?I have yet to see a Timmy's cup in a drill manual as well.But it shows where the right arm is placed while saluting.And I'll give you a hint.

Its not a 90 degree bend horizontal across the chest.

Your an officer and you can't plan how to move a kitbag and a backpack....Tell me YOUR joking?

How about saying "sorry I'm late sir.I have no understanding of time appreciation,critical thinking or planning."

I'm sorry but in my job, stuff happens last minute sometimes...  In fact, most of the time.  And it's not because of lack of planning...  And btw, I don't have an issue back pack. I have a flight bag.

Max

Max, everyones jobs happen practically last minute, with the often chance on chance element of surprise. It should not in anyway be an excuse when it comes to the proper paying and returning of compliments while in uniform. Since you and me brother are junior officers, we will get screwed more often then not, just like previously mentioned with the roaming saluting machines. Yet, we should still return salutes and we should do it with the up most precision and sharpness. No matter what the intent was behind that salute, we, as officers, should never take it lightly. Just my 0.02 rupees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back