• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

wildfong said:
I do not recall the punishment but it involved alot of extra duties on range weekends at Ipperwash. 

Probably doesnt realize how lucky he was for such a light punishment...

I used to like how in the old days, when the Cyprus medal was the sign of a hardened veteren, that every one I talked to had been there in '74. The contingent must have been huge.

AJC said:
I used to like how in the old days, when the Cyprus medal was the sign of a hardened veteren, that every one I talked to had been there in '74. The contingent must have been huge.

I can recall, in the early eighties, a breathless, whispered account of how (recently) a Canadian had blown away a Turk (or maybe it was a Greek) who desperately needed blowing away -with a .50 calibre machinegun.
And, shortly after that, a Canadian soldier had had his throat slit at a roadblock.

Us militia guys were all set to head over there and settle (or maybe start) Word War III after hearing that. I can recall telling a girl I desperately admired, how dangerous it was going to be (it didn't work...sigh).

As far as I know now, the story was utterly bogus.
Granted, we did lose some 27 guys over there. 

The BSing about Military service pisses me off, espicially from those
first year ROTP students who hasn't even been to BMOQ,
not that I've done anything better but at least I like to keep my mouth shut
when I'm not talking to my friends in the unit.
I instinctively told a 19 year old guy
yo show his bullet wound from afghanistan.
He asked me to talk to him in person in the laundry room and confessed that he's never been over just trying to
impress his friends and the ladies he want to pick up. I said good luck but don't let me hear about his war again.

Telling tall tales about your military service will usually come back to haunt you, IMO.

A good personal example I can think of is when I was getting ready for the invasion (Op Rutter) and one of the guys said "hey, if we pull this off, think of the women that will line up to *welcome us home* and I said..."come on guys, you know how it is.  We can't talk about it.  And, as your Lt-Sgt, you know you don't want me to catch you talking about this after the fact, no matter HOW heroic we all are.  Its just the way it is in the Canadian Heavy Armoured Airborne Marine Corps Army"....

8)

Man, maybe it's too early in the am for me, but I was going to write an electronnic script for Haldol for just now...

MM

multihobbist said:
espicially from those
first year ROTP students who hasn't even been to BMOQ,
not that I've done anything better

I have never once heard any of my ROTP peers start shooting off about anything military except cadets (*shudder*) and don't believe they deserve any "especially" in this case.

But I do believe 12 BFTs in 2 years would imply a little more than a BMOQ so perhaps you ought to be bragging to them.

believe me 12 BFT isn't anything to brag about, it is just a fact that I did them
I got screwed over on paperwork, and somehow my FTP had to look like
me to the Plt.Commander who signed my ftp's report and not mine.

Besides, what BS and war story am I telling from doing training cause i got ****ed over.
Just from 2009, I had
One in January for the company priority being fitness
Feb my FTP was away for just the bft while I was sick for the next week
then my plt commander told me that I'm doing the bft cause I missed it(?)
once in dp1, once in IBTS, once in IBTS support weapons
and it's all thanks to SQ when I never took my boots off in trench that made my right foot numb.. even now...

I hear the ROTP students at my school telling the stories such as "Engineers, Paratroopers, Medic" who were in Afghanistan and how they've been nearly killed by this and that.
My favorite is an Officer Cadet with corn flakes saying he was a medic in a cayote and it got hit by an IED and he survived and got sent home for that... and the guy is 18.

Another one is another Officer Cadet with green beret and corn flakes and he's in the Airborne Regiment, and just got back from Iraq from 2 months deployment. I can clearly tell his story is back up nicely by the way he's not wearing maroon beret and the CAR being disbanded long time ago.

multihobbist said:
I can clearly tell his story is back up nicely by the way he's not wearing maroon beret and the CAR being disbanded long time ago.

Well gee jolly jimmickers with guys like you floating around it's a wonder anybody tries to pull the wool over anybody's eyes.

I wasn't quick to call BS on your 12 BFTs, but your OCdt stories smell worse than your dead foot when you pulled it out of that boot.

multihobbist said:
I hear the ROTP students at my school telling the stories such as "Engineers, Paratroopers, Medic" who were in Afghanistan and how they've been nearly killed by this and that.
My favorite is an Officer Cadet with corn flakes saying he was a medic in a cayote and it got hit by an IED and he survived and got sent home for that... and the guy is 18.

Another one is another Officer Cadet with green beret and corn flakes and he's in the Airborne Regiment, and just got back from Iraq from 2 months deployment. I can clearly tell his story is back up nicely by the way he's not wearing maroon beret and the CAR being disbanded long time ago.

Odd, we've had a number of ROTP students here over the years telling us how great it is that they don't have to wear uniforms at school.

Michael O'Leary said:
Odd, we've had a number of ROTP students here over the years telling us how great it is that they don't have to wear uniforms at school.
That's correct. In fact at 17 Wing (and I believe most other support bases for ROTP students - but I am not certain of that) we do not have to wear uniforms if going to do pers. admin when coming from or heading to classes; a pair of slacks and a shirt are sufficient. 

Personally (because I'm always the upbeat, 'silver lining' sort of guy), I think this sort of BS is good news.

I mean, guys lying about being in the military to try and get laid? Hell, I remember when anything military was toxic -- I used to tell the ladies my short hair was because of cancer....

;)

JesseWZ said:
That's correct. In fact at 17 Wing (and I believe most other support bases for ROTP students - but I am not certain of that) we do not have to wear uniforms if going to do pers. admin when coming from or heading to classes; a pair of slacks and a shirt are sufficient.

;D

And you wonder why it is sooooo comical to salute an Air Force officer.  (They just don't know what to do.........unless they are Tac Hel.)

George Wallace said:
And you wonder why it is sooooo comical to salute an Air Force officer. 

Are they required to return the salute?  Clearly that memo didn't get passed in Ottawa.

Hey Kiwi I think I found a picture of your playmate  8)

id=34834.html

A real hard operator like this would not be fibbing now would he?
http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=139302.html

Danjanou said:
A real hard operator like this would not be fibbing now would he?
That regimental tie is even more hardcore than the Frontiersmen's!

Journeyman said:
That regimental tie is even more hardcore than the Frontiersmen's!

Naah even he couldn't make it into the Frontiersman, not enough bling. However count the number of winged daggers he's sporting, think he's trying to tell us who he's with? 8)

Journeyman said:
Personally (because I'm always the upbeat, 'silver lining' sort of guy), I think this sort of BS is good news.

I mean, guys lying about being in the military to try and get laid? Hell, I remember when anything military was toxic -- I used to tell the ladies my short hair was because of cancer....

;)

That's OK, we still tell them your short hair is because of cancer, because that's much simpler than trying to explain how you could possibly be in the Army.    >:D

Michael O'Leary said:
That's OK, we still tell them your short hair is because of cancer, because that's much simpler than trying to explain how you could possibly be in the Army.    >:D

OUCH!  Oh.....OK, fair enough.  :)

Danjanou said:
Naah even he couldn't make it into the Frontiersman, not enough bling. However count the number of winged daggers he's sporting, think he's trying to tell us who he's with? 8)

Notice he's also got more gongs on him than a Russsian General?

MM

Back