• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanna-be‘s / Posers

• Thread starter Thread starter R_J
  • Start date Start date
Fair enough - I appreciate your candor.

If the board is lacking substance, all the more reason for you guys to stay around....

Dang -- that‘s the swiftest retreat I‘ve ever seen! I never paid that much attention, but you know... you can‘t see the bullsh!t for the bullsh!t.

Cheers.

"Through."

No Muskrat
I‘m not going to snap, there are people on this board that know me very well ( RecceGuy, NRG, RECCE51, etc.) I served with them on tour and at the Regt (8CH in Petawawa not the MO in NewBrunswick, RCD in Petawawa,LilOttawa now **** (Gagetown). Do I have to post my complete MPRR (490)or my UER.
Yes there are many BS Commandos. On one US site I was on. One fello was passing himself off as Canada SF. **** he was a Canadian Rambo, until the Canucks suck him down. I prefer to read someones honest post, than a dishonest one. This is one of the few Canadian ones. And to F%^^ it up would be a sin.
Bold and Swift/ Airborne

I was just bustin your chops, recce41 I didn‘t think you‘d snap :D

cheers

Better late than never, but here goes...

1) Thanks to all those who help sort this issue out. In clearing the name of the PPCLI, you‘ve also helped clean up the board a bit, so two good deeds in my view.

2) Windwolf has been unregistered, at his request.

3) I‘ve updated the Conduct Guidelines and User Agreement to try to cover off situations like this. Now I know that it‘s still going to happen - the only people that read the guidelines are the people that intend to follow them. But now we have a policy in place that we can act on.

4) Please, if anyone sees this type of thing, drop me a line at Mike@Army.ca or use the "notify moderator" button. The sooner I know about these things the sooner we can take care of it. I‘m a bit of an absentee landlord here some times, so don‘t think you‘re bothering me by pointing out a thread gone bad.

5) I hate to admit it, but I don‘t disagree with MG34/Reaper‘s comments. These forums used to be primarily visited by informed military professionals, many of which are still here. The reality is that more and more potential recruits are here, which moves the discussions from high level military dialogue to basic repetition.

Having said that, it doesn‘t necessarily detract from the board. There are still plenty of "deep" discussions here that could be interesting to all levels of military professional. In addition to that, we appear to be helping out a surprisingly large segment of the population that has no idea what military life entails. Like it or not, they‘re looking to us to answer questions that will help them make career choices. It may not be the kind of thing everyone wants to participate in, but those that do are a great help.

My point: There‘s room for both the interested civilian and the seasoned soldier here, but definitely not for frauds. The best we can do is clean up those situations when they occur.

Cheers

Muskrat: You were kidding about the service record, right?

Please, no one should feel like they have to "prove" themselves, especially to me. My opinion on that is simple: I don‘t really care what your service record is. If you‘re keeping within the bounds of good conduct, we‘ll all get along just fine.

Most of you guys are extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and who am I to demand proof of service? :)

Further, I *really* don‘t want to get to a point where nobody trusts anyone else because they may or may not be real. Let‘s not let one or two incidents colour our perception of each other. I‘m willing to take people at face value and suffer the consequences for those rare occasions where I get burned...

I would like to admit my only reason for joining was aid my fellow Pat‘s in removing the stain.

I don‘t feel it nec to post ones entire 490A on a board, just that one keeps ones comments in line with ones experiences - or - mention when he/she is going off on a "what if" or "IMHO" thead.

I get addicted to board easily (ask R_J or any other of the gunnutz types) and even when I don‘t intend I often drop by to give my (usually) unwanted and unneeded thoughts :D

anim_soapbox.gif

That said

HELLO, and thanks for having us.

Yes, was just kidding about my record of service. I may live in the US, but I still have my trademark, Canadian sense of humour - dry, thinly veiled sarcasm.. sorry for the stir.. :)

Heheh, no problem, I just wanted to make sure I wasn‘t missing something. ;)

I‘m glad to see all the members of the military working together to keep this atmosphere accurate and professional.

As a "civvie" who has just finished his initial application procedure, and while awaiting word back, still thirsts for knowledge, I‘m glad to see that most of things I pick up here are from responsible, knowledgable folks who are just trying to help out people like me. This board has been a big help, both in direct CF information, and just learning about the type of atmosphere I may well be getting in to.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this forum great. All your hard work pays off, in the end.

As someone who has been involved in the IT industry for quite a while now, I‘ve seen a large number of good forums colapse. Mostly due to the fact that as the signal to noise ratio drops the guys with anything to contribute seem to get fed up and take a hike.

I‘m hoping that Windwolf might have done us a favour by bringing some good people over/back to this board and we can bring the number of intelligent posts back to an acceptible level. That‘s pretty much a request for all the PPCLI (and others), who just kicked in the door, to come back and contribute often.

:soldier:

curious as to what Windwolf actually said when he asked to be removed? I think the guys from the PPCLI would like to hear that too. just because he‘s gone doesn‘t mean he‘s forgotten I bet.

Yes, I am rather curious as to why the sudden retreat...

To be honest, I wasn‘t aware of any of this when he contacted me. He simply asked to be unregistered, and I complied. (Site policy is that anyone requesting to be removed will be.)

Only afterwards did I find out the "rest" of the story...

I‘m sure Bartok‘s e-mail had nothing to do with it. Or maybe it was his anonymity not being so anonymous.
Na, he probably just realized it was wrong to be doing what he was and he decided to do the right thing! :D

A little intimidating to see that the "real" soldiers are using my website in endeavors such as the stated aim of the first posting to this thread. Glad it was of some use to someone, nonetheless.

Michael, it‘s an excellent site. I only found out about it when we were slagging Wind Wolf over at Gun Nutz and one of the other poster‘s linked it.

Michael:

Have to agree with the others here your site is top shelf. Best of all it‘s very detailed. I‘m a bit of history nut and your site has been a great source of info.

Kudos and well done.

Michael

I, too, think you have a great website!
There is alot of helpful information about the Canadian Army! :)

Back