• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WANTED: TT MAV

1 Piece MAV - OD available
http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/new_products/6095.htm

2 Piece MAV - OD available
http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/new_products/6096.htm

Thank's Matt,

Seems pretty inexpensive. My HSGIWasatch all done and told was probably over $600.

What's the difference between the 1 piece and 2 piece.  Besides the obvious that it's split, what's the pro's and con's of them both as far as load bearing and stuff?

The main difference between the two are obviously the split front design.

With the 2 piece it's a bit easier to take on and off, especially if you're using the X Harness.  Some folks prefer the 2 piece because they can open it up if they're laying in the prone for extended periods of time (i.e. LP/OP, Laying Up Position, Ambush, etc.)

With the 1 piece, it's a bit easier to 'center your load'.  The 1 piece has 18 channels of MOLLE/PALS compatible webbing on it, with the 2 piece having 9 channels on each side.
With the 1 piece MAV, you can arrange 3 triple mag pouches across the front, and still have 6 channels on the outboard sides left for whatever pouches you want to attach.  With the 2 piece, if you're carrying 9 mags on your rig, chances are that one of your sides will be offset.
You can also use the MAV Bib with the 1 piece to give additional real estate for more pouches.

The biggest downside to the 1 piece is that when you're fully bombed up and using body armour, having to hoist the straps over your head every time you want to put it on and take it off can be a bit cumbersome, especially if you're using the X Harness.

Two TT MAV 2-Piece configurations with X-Harness and the TT centre adaptor to reclaim the gap:

Flap pouch config:
3 x CP Gear 3/2 mag pouches (one either side, one on centre adaptor
2 x single mag shingles (one either side under the utility pouches)
= 10 mags plus room for 1st/2nd line gear and expedient pistol holster on right side

Open pouch config:
2 x 3-mag shingles (one either side under utility pouches)
2 x single mag shingles attached to each other on centre adaptor
2 x single mag shingles (one either side attached to 3-mag shingle up front)
1 x single mag shingle on right side rear as expedient pistol holster
= 10 mags plus room for 1st/2nd line gear and expedient pistol holster on right side

Soldier1stTradesman2nd said:
Two TT MAV 2-Piece configurations with X-Harness and the TT centre adaptor to reclaim the gap:

Flap pouch config:
3 x CP Gear 3/2 mag pouches (one either side, one on centre adaptor
2 x single mag shingles (one either side under the utility pouches)

Open pouch config:
2 x 3-mag shingles (one either side under utility pouches)
2 x single mag shingles attached to each other on centre adaptor
2 x single mag shingles (one either side attached to 3-mag shingle up front)
1 x single mag shingle on right side rear as expedient pistol holster

Can you give a more thorough breakdown on those rigs?  Looks like you've got some frag and 40mm pouches on there.  Also, what's the cylindrical case?  Nalgene carrier?  Does the x harness have a pouch built into it or something?  Looks like a flap at the top of it.

Looks like a solid setup and something I might want to replicate as a M203 gunner.

Thanks.

EDIT - Cancel (some) of my last.

Upon closer inspection those 40mm puches appear to be pistol mag shingles (which I'm guessing I could easily substitute with 40mm pouches?) and the pouch on the X harness is a bladder carrier of some kind.

Sure thing.

Pouches as listed plus:

3 x zippered utility pouches (TT and CP Gear) left front, right front, left rear
1 x CP Gear IFAK on right rear on TT tear-away panel
TT Series 85 Hardcase (the cylindrical box) - perfect fit for BEW/other ballistic eyewear
Compass pouch on IFAK
Maxpedition Medium dump pouch on side of left front utility pouch
2 x CP Gear grenade pouches on left rear utility pouch
1 x Specter 3-mag pistol mag pouch on left front utility pouch
CP Gear PRR pouch on left X-harness shoulder
Blackwater Gear MOLLE knife sheath under left rear utility
TT Single pistol mag pouch on right front utility for Multitool
CP Gear 3-litre hydration carrier on back
TT Pistol lanyard on front right utility pouch

I think that pretty much covers the generic rifleman/pistol setup for a right-hand shooter. The TT MAV is a great choice for the CF, and I am glad to see it in the short-list for the MFR trials. Only downside is the lack of a bib setup with the 2-piece. but what does one usually put on the bib/chest area? Small radio, pistol mags, admin pouch perhaps. With real estate on most zippered utility pouches, this is covered.

Soldier1stTradesman2nd said:
Sure thing.

Pouches as listed plus:

3 x zippered utility pouches (TT and CP Gear) left front, right front, left rear
1 x CP Gear IFAK on right rear on TT tear-away panel
TT Series 85 Hardcase (the cylindrical box) - perfect fit for BEW/other ballistic eyewear
Compass pouch on IFAK
Maxpedition Medium dump pouch on side of left front utility pouch
2 x CP Gear grenade pouches on left rear utility pouch
1 x Specter 3-mag pistol mag pouch on left front utility pouch
CP Gear PRR pouch on left X-harness shoulder
Blackwater Gear MOLLE knife sheath under left rear utility
TT Single pistol mag pouch on right front utility for Multitool
CP Gear 3-litre hydration carrier on back
TT Pistol lanyard on front right utility pouch

I think that pretty much covers the generic rifleman/pistol setup for a right-hand shooter. The TT MAV is a great choice for the CF, and I am glad to see it in the short-list for the MFR trials. Only downside is the lack of a bib setup with the 2-piece. but what does one usually put on the bib/chest area? Small radio, pistol mags, admin pouch perhaps. With real estate on most zippered utility pouches, this is covered.
Thanks.  I really like the sounds/looks of that setup.  I would kinda like a bib too, something like the one on a HSGI Warlord that opens up for maps and admin stuff.  A bib that detached from one side of the harness allowing the rig to split would be a thought....

Back