• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Water at BMQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intrepidus

Inactive
Reaction score
What is the protocol with drinking water at BMQ?
Will the water we drink be the same water that runs through the toilets?

I'm asking because I drank tap water when I was younger and it gave me a long term illness.

Depends on where you do basic...

There's no running water in Borden, canteens are filled from a nearby stream.

In Saint-John, there's running water, so you can typically fill your canteen at a urinal (much fresher than dipping from a toilet, hold your canteen under the inlet, a few flushes, and you're done).

If you happen to join the reserves, it will vary by base.

Intrepidus said:

I'm asking because I drank tap water when I was younger and it gave me a long term illness.

Is this a joke? What do you think is going to happen when you get deployed or even on a field exercise in Canada? Do you think the supply system will ensure that you personally get delivered your Evian no matter where you are in the world?

If you are not able to drink tap water, I'm going to have to guess that this isn't the job for you.

Sig Op was joking BTW. You don't have to drink from a stream.

jeffb said:
Do you think the supply system will ensure that you personally get delivered your Evian no matter where you are in the world?

Not Evian.  Dibba.

;)

Intrepidus said:

Well, first you open your mouth, then you put water in it. You then close your mouth and swallow.

:facepalm:

Yeah we'll just run-up the ROWPU every time you want some water......

Chances are your water will be from those water coolers........

Never drink water. Ever.

No matter how much it's been processed, it's still got traces of fish semen in it.

Stick with whiskey, or sherry for the ladies.

Loachman said:
Never drink water. Ever.

No matter how much it's been processed, it' still got traces of fish semen in it.

I concur 100% with this fine gentleman....and Loachman.

If you wash your socks and shorts in the water before you drink it, it kills most everything ... also gets rid of most of the chloride and fluoride.

Intrepidus said:

Toilets have long been accepted as a source of potable water, so yes. You will drink the same water that runs through the toilets.  :facepalm:

Loachman said:
Never drink water. Ever.

No matter how much it's been processed, it' still got traces of fish semen in it.

:goodpost:

Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

[cabinet has been debating putting water on the plants instead of Brawndo]
Pvt. Joe Bowers: What *are* these electrolytes? Do you even know?
Secretary of State: They're... what they use to make Brawndo!
Pvt. Joe Bowers: But *why* do they use them to make Brawndo?
Secretary of Defense: [raises hand after a pause] Because Brawndo's got electrolytes.

There's also a reoccurring theme that whenever "Not Sure" (Pvt Joe Bowers) suggests putting water on the plants instead of Brawndo (basically Gatorade), people laugh and say "Water, like from the toilet".

Great movie. Not sure why I thought  of it...  :)

Intrepidus said:

Yes. You will find however, that the water fountains and taps get their water upstream from the toilets. Downstream is just gross.

Intrepidus said:

Please tell me you're not joining as a plumber.... then again, please tell me you're not signing up for ANY engineering trades.  :facepalm:

Someday, someone is going to have to break this to you... might as well be me.  That fancy bottled water everyone loves is tap water.  Yes.  It really is tap water.  Unless you actually believe some guy is standing under a spring 24/7 filling bottles by the pallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back