• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing Uniform in Public (merged)

Agreed, I was only stating what is in the books and what is taught on PLQ, ILP, ALP, SLP and the new one replacing SAP and KAP (acronym escapes me). In the Navy, it is now a term of endearment for new OS when we call them ODs. The D in fact is anything but praise worthy. The term however is used throughout the Navy with no real offence now intended. There is a table I was shown that has apparently been around for a while though I had never seen it. It breaks down the various ranks into 'groups' and all I remember was that CWO/CPO1s were Warrants (Just like the scroll says).
It was also explained at the same time, why NCdt/OCdts are indeed NOT NCMs. I will try to find it and post it. It was actually the Cmdt of  CFLRS who talked to a course about this 'confusing' term NCM.

Eye In The Sky said:
...and if you really consider it, NCM could and perhaps should include OCdt/NCdts, who in fact have not been Commissioned yet.  >:D  They are NCMs.

;D

Back in the days to which Jim Seggie refers (Officers and ORs), officer cadets were categorized as "subordinate officers."

Shamrock said:
On your DWAN computer, into the address bar, input:

publications

That's it.  No www.  No .mil.ca.  Just publicatons.

THAT. Is sexy.  Who knew?  I wonder what other cool words we can type in there?

Eye In The Sky said:
...and if you really consider it, NCM could and perhaps should include OCdt/NCdts, who in fact have not been Commissioned yet.  >:D  They are NCMs.

That's funny. When I was on BMQ as an OCdt, I was referred to as LTPS... "Lower Than Pond Scum"  ;D

blackberet17 said:
That's funny. When I was on BMQ as an OCdt, I was referred to as LTPS... "Lower Than Pond Scum"  ;D
In my first unit as an OCdt. I was referred to as SLJO "Shity Little Jobs Officer"

my72jeep said:
In my first unit as an OCdt. I was referred to as SLJO "Shity Little Jobs Officer"

I'm pretty sure that's a position which is not always reserved for OCdts.

my72jeep said:
gcclarke said:

In Ottawa they call the SLJO "Major"...... ;)

gcclarke said:

That is a "subbie" deal....even some junior Capt can claim that title

Quo vadis said:
Ive heard Light Colonels scramble to get coffee in Ottawa :)

Not quite....the LCol asks politley if the VIP would like a "double double" and then tasks a SLJO....a major

Jim Seggie said:
Not quite....the LCol asks politley if the VIP would like a "double double" and then tasks a SLJO....a major

With a formal Op Order no doubt...

MM

I Always have my Balmoral on when going to and from work, but thats only to ensure I don't forget it.

blackberet17 said:

Good to see the standard is being maintained in the 17th  >:D.

I'll decline to comment on what I called the O/Cdt the CQMS issued to me when I was a Warrant. I checked and he's still in and a Brigade Commander. 8)

Man I feel old  :'(

For your edification, the rules on earbuds in uniform have been updated to permit their use on public transport.  (I would hope that pers will apply common sense and use ones in neutral colours.)  Nice for those with long commutes.

The reference is the Minutes of the National Defence Clothing and Dress Committee for the meeting of 6 March 2012, para 10.  (I tried to download the document but it hung up the system.)

Cheers,

AK said:
For your edification, the rules on earbuds in uniform have been updated to permit their use on public transport.  (I would hope that pers will apply common sense and use ones in neutral colours.)  Nice for those with long commutes.

The reference is the Minutes of the National Defence Clothing and Dress Committee for the meeting of 6 March 2012, para 10.  (I tried to download the document but it hung up the system.)

Cheers,

Have a DIN link to that?

Main page:  http://cmp-cpm.forces.mil.ca/dhh-dhp/pub/cfp-pfc/index-eng.asp

March 2012 Dress Committee minutes: http://cmp-cpm.forces.mil.ca/dhh-dhp/pub/cfp-pfc/doc/NDCDC_2012_03_00.pdf

Yes, thank you from me too. Another one of those directives that never seemed to quite make it out to ALL of the general populace. I wonder how I missed it???

Pat

Back