• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wearing uniform to wedding in US?

Davidson25

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it possible for me to wear my uniform to a wedding that is being held in New York? Do I need special permission from American authorities to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Davidson

For this one, I would Email the Librarian, she's pretty active on this site and is a qr&o's queen.

enjoy the wedding,

Send a memo up your chain of command, do not use this site as gospel truth. I know that's a warning that is repeated over and over again but get permission from your CoC before doing anything. Doesn't so much matter what the rules say, it matters what your superiors say.

Big Foot said:
Send a memo up your chain of command, do not use this site as gospel truth. I know that's a warning that is repeated over and over again but get permission from your CoC before doing anything. Doesn't so much matter what the rules say, it matters what your superiors say.

When you fill out your LEAVE PASS (CF 100) the instructions are there.  You will have to fill out the portion authorizing you to travel outside of Canada, naming the country, and you will also have to check the box that authorizes you to wear your uniform while on LEAVE.  This if authorized by your Chain of Command on your pass, should be all it takes. 

So, to make it short and sweet:  Submit your CF 100, with the appropriate information filled in, along with a Memo, to your Chain of Command and wait for their approval.

It is so simple that a......................

Back