• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what about my STUFF?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoto

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, been a while. Took a year to make sure this is what I wanted to do.

So, I write my CFAT on the 6th of May, I'm going LCIS tech (any one PM about the trade if you got good comments!)

Here is my question:
So, I have a car, and a motorcycle, and a room full of stuff. I know they let you take NOTHING to basic training, which is fine. I was thinking, if I'm joining the army, I should take one last 'adventure'. Lets say they tell me to report to basic in June. I'm pretty much gonna leave now, see a bit of Ontario and junk, cruisin down on my bike. I will take only a few pairs of cloths and stuff, very minimal stuff. June roles around or whatever, and I've got 'stuff' with me now. Is there a place to put it? Can I park my motorcycle in 'the parking lot'?

Then right after basic, am I supposed to return back home, or do I get an immediate posting? What happends to my stuff? Do I need to sell off my fish and geckos, computers, ect?

I'm just very confused on this aspect, and tryin to figure out how to proceed,

Thanks

Andy :salute:

???

This is odd.

Shoto said:
Hey all, I'm new here.

I am going in to get recruited in to the Military Police reserves next week, if I made out on the apptitude test alright.

Now, I was speaking with the reserve recruiter, and I had mentioned I'd like to go reg force one day, but I don't have a diploma in criminology, trade, or degree. He said, it didn't really matter. This is contradictory to what they said down at the big HQ where I did the apptitude test.

So my questions are:

-Is going reserve MP going to make it easier for me to become regforce MP?
-Will I still require a criminology diploma?

Thanks a bunch,

Shoto said:
Hey all, I need some guidance on a huge decision I gota make soon

I'm in college for Health, Wellness and Recreation, however I can't see myself working a community center or gym the rest of my life. I have my sight set on the Canadian Armed Forces. I have the option to stay in college for 8 more months, but honestly, I would rather join the army.

I could go back to get my Chem. course, and be ready to join in 2 months, instead.

I was wondering, is there any point in continuing my education, or should I just drop out, and work towards becoming a medic?

Thanks

Two years.  Two different life goals.  Three years on this site.  Have you read anything that others have posted reference their going to Recruit School, what they have done with their belongings, what they have done to prepare, what they have been told to bring with them, etc.?  Have you read anything here at all?

George Wallace said:
???

This is odd.

What???....oh...you mean he/she did not read the page after page after page telling newbies ALL about that stuff what you can take/not take, wear/pack....etc.etc.....

USE SEARCH.....

George Wallace said:
Two years.  Two different life goals.  Three years on this site.  Have you read anything that others have posted reference their going to Recruit School, what they have done with their belongings, what they have done to prepare, what they have been told to bring with them, etc.?  Have you read anything here at all?

Statistics says 3 h16 min log on.

So s/he read something... probably not what could be recommanded !

add :

You could always ak him/her :  andrewnormore@gmail.com

You're all assholes.

So what if I didn't end up going to MP? Turns out I didn't finish college for the required dimploma they wanted, so fucking sue me. I'm only 20 man, guess what?

PLANS CHANGE

And you're right,  did NOT go through the TONNE of information on this website. So what? I had a brief look, and didn't find the information I wanted.

Go canada.

Shoto.

You are setting yourself up for failure in the CF (should you join), life in general, and on this site if you continue in this way.

You will not be spoonfed information in the CF. While questions may be answered, any indication that you have not done simple research or made any effort to find the answer if it is readily available will not go over very well. There are tons of reference material available in the CF and you will be expected to use it. Laziness will not be tolerated.

As most of us here are serving or retired members this site operates in much the same fashion as the CF, including the Warning System to which you have been introduced. There is a very good Search Function. Intelligent use of it should find answers to almost any question. It doesn't always, regardless of what one tries, and in that case a simple statement that "I have tried the Search Function with no result" will indicate that you have at least made an effort and give you a better chance of finding help. Of course, at least a few people will also try the Search Function and call you on your claim if they are able to find answers that way.

BSing instructors or supervisors in the CF will do you no more good in real life either, and neither will insulting them.

Twenty is no excuse for anything. There are people far younger than that here and in the CF who seem to have no trouble doing a little work and do not whine when rightfully challenged.

Adjust your attitude before you join. If not, it'll either be adjusted for you or you'll be out before you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back