• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What book are you reading now?

Currently reading:
- Outside the Wire, the war in Afghanistan in the words of its participants by Kevin Patterson and Jane Warren (I am very sensitive to Captain Nichola Goddard's story  :salute:)
- Small Unit Leadership: A Commonsense Approach by Dandridge M. Malone

Next will be either Contact Charlie or Fifteen days... I haven't decided yet.

Listening to Enemy of God, the second book in The Warlord Chronicles series by Bernard Cornwell.

http://www.bernardcornwell.net/index.cfm?page=2&BookId=30

Bernard Cornwell is so good, he may almost unseat Jack Whyte as my favourite Author!

dileas

tess

PMedMoe said:
Both books were great!!  Have you seen the movie The Kite Runner?  I hope they make one from A Thousand Splendid Suns as well.  Awesome books!

Yes I did see "The Kite Runner"-- awesome, as you say. I'm also hoping they make a movie of "A Thousand Splendid Suns."

edited:for spelling

Listening to Enemy of God, the second book in The Warlord Chronicles series by Bernard Cornwell.

Bernard Cornwell is so good, he may almost unseat Jack Whyte as my favourite Author!

dileas

tess

[/quote]

the 48th regulator said:

dileas

tess

The Warlord series is fantastic; as is his dark ages series about Uhtred of Bebbenburg. Just finished Lords of the North for the 3rd time.

Distant Thunder....(Canada's Citizen Soldiers on the Western Front)

Bored at the airport. Saw a copy of "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (the Neterlands MP of Somali origin, who is forced to leave by all the PC crap that is consuming most of the EU) started reading and could not put it down - fortunately, I remember to pay for it before boarding...

cheers,
Frank

Steel Badger said:
The Warlord series is fantastic; as is his dark ages series about Uhtred of Bebbenburg. Just finished Lords of the North for the 3rd time.

The very first series I read was the Dark Ages, and by Far Uhtred is my favourite character of his books.

Which is why I am still tipping the scales with Jack Whytes Golden Eagle and Cornwell's works.  Publius Varus is my all time fictional fave character, from SkyStone.

Funny thing is Uhtred of Bebbenburg is loosely based on one of Cornwell's ancestors, too.

dileas

tess

An Implementation guide for Environmental Management Systems....

It's a thrilling read.... ::)

Rodahn said:
An Implementation guide for Environmental Management Systems....

It's a thrilling read.... ::)

What type of sword does the lead characer prefer to use?

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
The very first series I read was the Dark Ages, and by Far Uhtred is my favourite character of his books.

I thought Uhtred was from the Saxon stories?  I just picked up The Last Kingdom at Value Village a few weeks ago, not realizing it's part of a series.  :-[  On the bright side, at least it's the first of the series!!  Haven't started it yet, still reading The Sorcerer: Metamorphosis.

I'm with you, Tess, I like both authors!

PMedMoe said:
I thought Uhtred was from the Saxon stories?  I just picked up The Last Kingdom at Value Village a few weeks ago, not realizing it's part of a series.  :-[  On the bright side, at least it's the first of the series!!  Haven't started it yet, still reading The Sorcerer: Metamorphosis.

I'm with you, Tess, I like both authors!

Moe,

You are bang on, I got confused by that Argyle Character, what a bag of squeeky toys he is.....Badger get back to work please!

The Saxon Stories

dileas

tess

I'm currently reading Post Captain by Patrick O'Brien.  After, I plan on starting Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series.

What book are you reading now?

Physics for Dummy's
Calculus for Dummy's
TI-89 Graphing Calculator for Dummy's

Why? 2 reasons;

1) Mechanical Engineering, Design and Analysis at Conestoga College

2) I never took physics or calculus in high school and the TI-89 Calculator has (according to the math teacher) the answer to everything... including the answer to life, the universe and everything....  it's 42.   ;D

Just finished Kite Runner, starting 15 days and just bought a referance book "British Army Equiupment" circa 1980's

The Talisman by Stephen King, to be followed by Bag of Bones or The Stand.

the 48th regulator said:
What type of sword does the lead characer prefer to use?

dileas

tess

Hopefully one that I can fall on....  ;D

Back