• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What book are you reading now?

Delta Force by Col. Charlie A. Beckwith

Remote Control by Andy Mcnab

I'm about to start George Blackburn's "The Guns of Victory" this will be the first book I've read of Blackburn's.  Hopefully it's good, I know he has a few others.

Just started 'Orientalism' by Edward Said. It's mainly about the west's perceived stereotypes of the Arab/Islamic world...should be an interesting read.

...so how long till the "What are you Watching Thread" rolls around, besides the exisiting Favourite War Movies one? :)

cheers.

Ghost Wars: The secret history of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10,2001.  By Steve Coll

Very interesting so far, I would definitely recommend it.

Shake Hands with the Devil
by LGen (Retired) Romeo Dallaire with Major Brent Beardsley
:cdn:

Just finished Sahara by Clive Cussler - good book.
I have two waiting for me to start,  The Odyssey by Homer (I already did Illiad), and one called The Way It Was by Rowat C. Swerdfeger.

"Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins. I'm not too sure about it. It's fascinating, but the man who wrote has since repented and now teaches classes about peace, prosperity, and expanting and transforming our awareness. It also seems to hint at conspiracy theories (though not overtly) and this always annoys me. Funny story though, I was talking to a woman the other day about conspiracy theories. She was recommending a book on them an about the world being run by a small group of aliens. (I'm laughing as I write this!) My response between snorts of laughter: "It would have to be aliens! Humans can't get their *$@& together enough to conspire in such a way."
Im also reading "No Life Like It: Military Wives in Canada" by Deborah Harrison and Lucie Laliberte because my fiance is currently having fun with guns and I'm not.
And finally I've given in and got "Shake Hands With the Devil" by LGen. Dallaire. I haven't gotten into it enough to make any judements yet. Even after finishing it, I suspect I'll simply have more questions.

Cheers.

"Paris:1919" by Margaret MacMillan

Amazing book about the Versailles peace conference.  Its almost sickening to read how the "peacemakers" arbitrarily sliced up the map.

"Intelligence in War: Knowledge of the Enemy from Napoleon to Al-Qaeda" by Sir John Keegan

Robert Leonhard - Principles of War for the Information Age - Third time reading this book, many excellent insights

John-James Ford - Bonk On The Head - Novel about RMC

panzer- a revolution in warfare,1939-1945  --- Roger Edwards

The da vinci code --- dan brown

I'm currently juggling three

1. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (Heinlein) Great minds eh Paramedtec
2. A Table in the Presence (Lt. Carey H. Cash, USMC Chaplain)
3. Hope in H*ll: Inside the world of doctors with out borders (Dan Bortolotti)

GF

Back