• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What book are you reading now?

FlyingDutchman said:
Read the one where he rides the polka powered zombie t-rex?

Can't say that I have but that sounds different lol I've not read any of his stuff yet, a friend of mine absolutely loves his writing and told me to give his material a read :)

-T.

"Ill Met By Moonlight" by W.Stanley Moss...about some British commandos that kidnap the German general commanding the garrison at Heraklion, Crete during the Second World War.  Seems interesting thus far.

MM

medicineman said:
"Ill Met By Moonlight" by W.Stanley Moss...about some British commandos that kidnap the German general commanding the garrison at Heraklion, Crete during the Second World War.  Seems interesting thus far.

MM

The movie version with Dirk Bogarde was just re released on DVD.

Interesting...kinda surprised my dad didn't give that to me with the book (t'were a birthday gift) since he does that sort of thing.

Dimsum said:
1.  I just finished book 3 of the Song of Ice and Fire series (HBO's Game of Thrones was book 1.)  I'm usually not a fantasy fan, but this has great "down-to-earth" medieval-intrigue storylines...except for the dragons and zombies.  :D

The thing is, I don't know how many more major characters the author can kill off seemingly at random before the entire storyline just falls apart  ???

These books have eaten my summer.  I am a little pressed for time these days, and so am reading less than I usually do (cuts into the drinking related to aforementioned busyness).  I have a number of books lined up waiting, and am still slogging through Book 4 of Fire and Ice....

Next up is the Rational Optimist.

medicineman said:
Interesting...kinda surprised my dad didn't give that to me with the book (t'were a birthday gift) since he does that sort of thing.

I just noticed it the otehr day myself. May rent it when I have time to enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJx4Bas2dLM

No True Glory (A Frontline Account of the Battle for Fallujah) by Bing West

Only in the early stages, but so far a good analysis of the events and political decisions that lead up to the battle, and how both a lack of planning and micromanagement from the top of the CoC created problems for the Grunts on the ground.

Nault_army said:
Room by Emma Donoghue ... You get really sucked in after page 97  :nod:

That's a good book.  :nod:

Right now, I'm reading The Sisters, a biography of the Mitford family, by Mary S. Lovell.  I'm not normally a fan of biographies but this is well written.

Just bought this, read the first 25 pages last night . . .  wonderful.  Big implications for the Warmongers.

The Delinquent Teenager Who Was Mistaken for the World's Top Climate Expert 

http://nofrakkingconsensus.com/2011/10/13/a-book-is-born/

Generation Kill : Devil Dogs, Iceman, Captain America and the New Face of American War- Evan Wright...

... again.

Although not quite what you'd call literature, I'm reading an interesting book for some good knowledge in an area that really interests me:

Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine 4th Edition by James R. Roberts.

I should be more specific....I'm reading parts of the book as it's a 2000 page monster. Right now I'm reading up about chricothyrotomy procedures.

Besides that, I'm reading my LSAT Study Guide. I write the LSAT in December.....so I have to study, study and study some more.

dangerboy said:
  Unfortunately it is an EBook so it does not have any maps, diagrams, or pictures.

You need to upgrade your firmware to Paperbook 1.0

;D

The maps and diagrams in mine work just fine..........

CDN Aviator said:
You need to upgrade your firmware to Paperbook 1.0

I hear it comes with longer battery life as well. :nod:

A Bed of Red Flowers by Nelofer Pazira

A true story about Afghanistan, and it's really good  :nod:

Back