• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What CF aircraft have you flown/taxi'd in?

Perhaps we could merge this thread with this thread:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/73725.0.html

and call it 'Look at what I have done, Mom'

kincanucks said:

That's why it got moved here.

Airlift from Vancouver and Shilo for our Op's tasking, a Herc, mind you the first time I was deathly ill form to much drinking, had to toss the cookie and closest thing was the vertical exhaust pipe of the deuce I was sleeping in. (the exhaust pipe was uncoupled to fit in the Herc.) Apparently when the flight crew went to start it to drive the vehicle, the unauthorized contents of the exhaust system splattered themselves onto the aircraft. As no one had seen me do it, I did not volunteer any information.  :)

Flown in Labrador's, Chinooks, Twin Huey's

Sat in Argus, Trackers, CF104,105 and Voodoo's

I've been following this 'fun' thread with interest as I have been reading up on the various aircraft used by the CF.

Below is a list that I found on the web of "currently used" CF aircraft. I see other names in the above posts and would like to know what should be added to (or removed from) this list.

Fighter Aircraft:
CF-18 Hornet

Helicopters:
CH-124 Sea King
CH-139 Jet Ranger
CH-146 Griffon
CH-149 Cormorant

Cargo Aircraft:
CC-115 Buffalo
CC-130 Hercules
CC-138 Twin Otter
CC-144 Challenger
CC-150 Polaris
CC-177 Globemaster III

Patrol Aircraft:
CP-140 Aurora
CP-140A Arcturus

Training Aircraft:
CT-114 Tutor

Addendum
I just read this bit of news as well:
As of 2009, the Department of National Defence will have a new force in the skies: the CH-148 Cyclone will replace the CH-124 Sea King as Canada’s main ship-borne maritime helicopter. This state-of-the-art aircraft will fill the Canadian Forces’ operational demands well into the 21st century.

kincanucks said:

Everyone stop having fun and get back to serious debate. ::) Maybe it's time to lighten up a little. If you don't like a threads subject, don't read or post in it. 8)

None, but I have sat in a Griffin, or a Sea King, can't remember since I was only 4.

Baker

I agree,

Lighten up.  It's a "fun" thread.  Thinking back to all those fond memories as I am sure many of us are.  I can't wait to visit the CFRC Mississauga (going 4pm today) to assess my suitability for Pilot MOC.  I'll know right off the bat that they'll have concerns with my lack of degree and my eyesight.  Both can be fixed with hardwork, time and money.  I'll ask to delay my CFAT until I get some direction on what I have to do for laser eye surgery.

Also - thinking back to an airshow I was working at (running weekend security as a reservist) I saw an F-117 stealth fighter and two Russian Mig-29s in action.  So cool to see them in Canadian airspace.  After the Migs landed I had a chance to meet the flight crew - most did not speak any English, except for the pilots.  Most of the tech crew had one or more fingers cut-off (most likely due to machining/maintenance accidents).  Up close - the Migs were really a patchwork of metal and rivets with balding tires.  Still a capable fighter though.

J

WrenchBender said:
Celtic Girl, more info on historic Canadian A/C is at http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/site/equip/historical/hist_e.asp
Though I won't say how many of them have been retired since I joined the military, that would be consdered whining  :'(

WrenchBender

Thank you for the link, WB. :)  Any and all info is wonderful, but I am especially keen to learn about current aircraft as I am aspiring to be an AEC officer. (I haven't flown in any CF aircraft, so I just nosed my way in on this thread for my own purposes. ;))

I know its not a CF aircraft ( but for CF purposes) but i'm going on Westjet saturday. I'm excited. Never been on an airplane before.

Never been in a REAL airplane before, but own my own virtual airline and have 1000s of hours flying airliners on Microsoft Flight Simulator in my mom's basement with the curtains closed, eating cheesies.

CDN Aviator said:
I know its not a CF aircraft ( but for CF purposes) but i'm going on Westjet saturday. I'm excited. Never been on an airplane before.

:rofl:  You're so funny!!  ;D

CF C130 - Ex/Trg
RAAF C 130J Ex/Trg and Ops
US Army Huey Ex/Trg
Australian Army Huey - Ex/Trg
US Army Chinook - Ops
CF (Base Rescue) Huey - Ex/Trg
Australian Army Chinook - Ex/Trg
RAN Sea King - Ex/Trg

Canadian: L19, Voyageur, Chinook, CH112, UH-1N, Kiowa, C119 Flying Boxcar, Bristol Freighter, Yukon, 707, Airbus, Otter, Buffalo, C130, Cosmo, Dakota, Falcon.

Allied: British, Beaver and one helicopter I don't wan't to remember; US, C123, OH58, C123, C130; Norwegian, L19, UH-IB or D (the one with the big window on the door).

And this isn't a plane, but Radio Free Brandon (CKX) drove my course crazy during officer training by continually playing Ferlin Husky's "Snow White Dove."

My exact words, Wes, after flying along Shirley Road in Gagetown in a L19 with a pilot who pulled up to avoid colliding with the vehicle traffic.

UH-IB or D (the one with the big window on the door).

Sweatie, that would be the "B".....wow, you are "seasoned"!  ;)

(...well, that and the Yukon and Boxcar)

Cheers
G2G

Yukon
C130
Twin Huey
Kiowa
Griffon
Airbus
Dash 7
Dash 8

Other vehicles I have flown in (between 0 and 6 ft):

Leo 1 C1
Lynx
Bison
Cougar
Coyote
LAV III
LOSH
5/4 Ton
1/4 Ton
3/4 Ton
2 1/2 Ton
MLVW
HLVW PLS
Iltis w/trailer

but never flown in a LSVW - too slow to get off the ground.

Granted, if we want to go Naval Air, I have pretty well sank all of the above, except the actual A/C.

George Wallace said:
but never flown in a LSVW - too slow to get off the ground.

I honestly can admit I have... Ha! Memories.. now they let me drive buses.. scary huh?

Back