• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What does a Canadian look like, anyway?

One thing that sticks out in my mind about the differences between Canadians and 'mericans is the fact that they wear running shoes with jeans all the time.  Not all of them mind you but next time you're in the U.S. of A. have a look at their footwear.

See, the beauty of Canadian Bacon is that the director is Michael Moore. Not too many people know that. One of our more favourite movies directed by a Friend from the South.

While posted to C.F.B. Cold Lake  during one of the bi-annual exercises I was on the oppisite side of the main base I had an American come up to me and ask me if he could hitch a ride back to base I told him if he wasnt in a hurry as I had to pick up some officers who were lodged at a motel in the town of Cold Lake that it'd be ok for him to catch a ride with me.  As I drove past Grande Center the American aske me if we were still on Base my answer to that was No. As we passed several farms in the area he was confused and asked if we were on Base and I still replied no. I fianlly asked him what his fixation with the houses was and why he kept asking if "we were still on Base"  I immeditatly had to pull over on the side of the highway as his answer nearly caused me to swereve off the road as I was laughing so hard.  "Everybody down in Alabama knows Canadians live in Tepee's in the summer and Igloos in the winter."

Excerpts from an email I received that I would like to share:

These questions were posted on an International  tourism website about Canada:

Q) I have never seen warm weather on Canadian TV, how do the plants grow? (UK)

A) We import all of our plants fully grown just to sit around and watch them die.

Q) Will we see Polar Bears in the street? (USA)

A) Depends on how much you've been drinking.

Q) I want to walk from Vancouver to Toronto- can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)

A) SURE, it's only four thousand miles, take lots of water........

Q)Are there any ATM's (cash machines) in Canada? Can you send me a list of them in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton and Halifax? (UK)

A) What did your last slave die of?

Q) Can you give me information on hippo racing in Canada? (USA)

A) A-fri-ca is a big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Ca-na-da is the big country just to your north....oh f*** it. SURE, there's hippo racing every Tuesday night in Calgary, come naked.

Q) Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada? (USA)

A) Only at Thanksgiving

Q) I was in Canada in 1969 on R&R, and I want to contact a girl I dated while I was staying in Surrey, BC. Can you help? (USA)

A) Yes, and you still have to pay her by the hour.

Q) Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA)

A) Yes, but you will have to learn it first

I mean no disrespect to our friends from the south, I have family from there (I make fun of them too) I mean it as good natured.

Cheers!

Hah! That's brilliant, mate, thanks for posting that!

Hey All,

Yes, no one has written on this topic in a LONG time but I felt the need to share  ;D

I'm over in the Golan right now and many of the LOs and shop keepers I meet marvel that I am Canadian. I usually get the question "Are you Arabic?" When I ask why they don't think I'm Canadian, I usually get "You don't look like the others... You know, white."

::)

Back