• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is it the maximum of push-ups and sit-ups you have doing in the BMQ?

hoote said:
Airborne pushups sound like fun!   I'll have to try those next! :D

When I started training for the military last august, I could only do about 20 pushups.   Now I can do 61 with good form.  

Most of my progress came from doing the so called "navy seal" buds preparation workout.  
It starts out with 4 sets of 15 for a week or two, then 4 sets of 20 for a few weeks, then 5 sets of 20 for a few weeks, then 5 sets of 25 for a few weeks, then 6 sets of 25....and so on.

how much time did you wait in between sets ? 

howard

hoote said:
I waited 60 seconds between sets.

Thanks man .. kutos . i think ill add umm i dont know 20 seconds and umm 4 mins and 40 seconds lol

howard greffel :cdn:

jeeze, all these little guys that are able to pump out mad amounts of pushups... i can only do about 23.... but oh well, i'm 6'5" 240 pounds and could kick the shit out of a 150 pounder any day of the week so to each their own :p

bled12345 said:
jeeze, all these little guys that are able to pump out mad amounts of pushups... i can only do about 23.... but oh well, i'm 6'5" 240 pounds and could kick the shit out of a 150 pounder any day of the week so to each their own :p

Wow...you must be something else hey ? I'm 5'9" 165lbs and i would love to see you try.......

Point is: Stpupid comments like yours impress no one

......but they sure attract attention, didn't you learn from the "other" thread?

Bruce Monkhouse said:
......but they sure attract attention, didn't you learn from the "other" thread?

not sure what you are refering to

I believe he is referring to this:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/30513/post-220822.html#msg220822

not you.

Bingo!    Not you at all aesop,  refering tothe internet tough guy.
Thanks old medic

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Bingo!     Not you at all aesop,   refering tothe internet tough guy.
Thanks old medic

I knew he had been acting like that before i just couldnt figure out where.  I thought you were aiming for me Bruce and i couldnt figure out what i did this time  ;D

bled12345 said:

wonder how many guys must have thought that from looking at bruce lee or jackie chan..

jeeze, all these little guys that are able to pump out mad amounts of pushups... i can only do about 23.... but oh well, i'm 6'5" 240 pounds and could kick the crap out of a 150 pounder any day of the week so to each their own 

Even though I'm not in the military yet would that really matter to your instructors. I can't do as many pushups as that guy but I can beat the shit out of him, I don't think that will really cut it. Thats in my own opinion.

yeah, sorry that comment wasn't warrented and in hindsight it didn't come off the way I intended it too at all. I was just trying to say that there are advantages to being big too, but just not when it comes to pushups. I feel like a putz reading that message now, sorry...

and in reference to the "tell them you want to be the first kid on your block to get a confirmed kill"
that was a just a joke, guess it didn't go over too well... tough crowd I guess heh.

heheh, every community has their own turkey jive I guess, just takes time to feel out what kinda people come here. I'm just used to some of the other internet message boards where anything goes....

Now... think theres any chance my sig could be changed back from heck to hell? lol cmon!!

bled12345 said:
yeah, sorry that comment wasn't warrented and in hindsight it didn't come off the way I intended it too at all. I was just trying to say that there are advantages to being big too, but just not when it comes to pushups. I feel like a putz reading that message now, sorry...

For the infantry, being big is generaly a disadvantage.  You're more likely to sprain ankles, you destroy your knees faster, you're a bigger target, and you'll end up losing weight anyway since the rations aren't designed to keep you at that size.  About the only "advantage" is that you can carry more shit, which means you end up being the section pack-mule.

lol sweeeeeet, oh well... the "bigger target" thing isn't neccessarily true though, I used to play alot of paintball, and I could hide behind boxes with the best of them.

bled12345 said:
lol sweeeeeet, oh well... the "bigger target" thing isn't neccessarily true though, I used to play alot of paintball, and I could hide behind boxes with the best of them.

Just promise me you'll never try hiding behind a box when it comes to doing it for real :p

48Highlander said:
For the infantry, being big is generaly a disadvantage.  You're more likely to sprain ankles, you destroy your knees faster, you're a bigger target, and you'll end up losing weight anyway since the rations aren't designed to keep you at that size.  About the only "advantage" is that you can carry more crap, which means you end up being the section pack-mule.
gotta disagree here. I'm not a giant, but I'm over 6', and over 210 lbs. It's helpful in a lot of ways. It's easier for me on Ex than a lot of people smaller than I am. My stride can carry me through when smaller guys are struggling, just because I cover more ground than theirs does. Gotta a lot of respect for small guys in the Infantry. As for the rations, I've never lost weight on Ex, yet. At least no weight that I couldn't afford to.

I think we could distinguish between useful and useless weight. 
Speaking of myself, I have about an extra 20 pounds of chubby that I want to lose by basic.  Carrying that weight around is an undue burden on my joints for sure.  Now if that 20 lbs were muscle, then I think its a bit different.  Having stronger legs, arms, back and chest would help me run and I think prevent injuries because I am more capable of carrying my own and any additional weight. 

This goes within reason though.  I am sure if I was 275 pounds of solid muscle, my little 5'8" joints would suffer even if the extra weight was muscle.

Back