• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is your favourite Military Saying

Mediman14

Inactive
Reaction score
Throughout the years, many people came up with sayings or phrases we often hear. Some of them are good , some of them stick. What is your favourite military phrase? Is it “it’s not training unless it’s raining “ ? I always liked “ the grass is greener on the other side Because there is more manure”!

If we are including acronyms - Candidate Undergoing Normal Training.

Many thanks to the Army of the West for teaching me that one...

You need to focus*

* Fuck Off 'Cuz You Suck (It wasn't said to me ;) )

"Bought the farm". As in my father's last words, "I think I bought the farm."

Origin, as I understand it, during the war, the family of a military member who was killed would use the life insurance money to pay off the mortgage on the family farm.

If we are including acronyms - Candidate Undergoing Normal Training.

Many thanks to the Army of the West for teaching me that one...
Not used anymore, but I've heard of Sub-Lieutenants Under Training.

Yesterdays Technology* Tomorrow! (*insert "Innovation", "process" etc as needed).

Maybe more on the equipment support side, when you look at the timeline between selection and implementation and realize that even if you get something cutting edge, it will be nearly obsolete when it's fully rolled out.

More recently, re: supportability plan; 'Maintaining via cannibalization'.

Had enough shock value that it really hammered the point home, but will steal that one and use it again.

'Soup Sandwich' is probably my favourite insulting descriptor that is still acceptable, with 'bag of hammers' being a close second.

Back