• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What of assets?(Vehicles and whatnot)

Milhouse

Inactive
Reaction score
i tried searching but came up with nothing. ive got a couple of cars and a condo. im probably gonna be selling most of it off but have tried to contact the recruiting center to see what to do. They didnt pick up when i tried.

After getting an offer how much time is there? are you allowed to have a vehicle after basic? I really have no idea, or the living style after.

Of course you  can have your cars. Other than  basic, SQ and trade school, You can( have to) drive to work. In trade school, you can drive on your own time.

Ok thanks. So in trade school are you living on the base or what? Or do you rent a place close by and go to school?

Milhouse said:
Ok thanks. So in trade school are you living on the base or what? Or do you rent a place close by and go to school?

Recruits live in barracks unless one requests to live separate because of being legally married under Canadian regulations. I am not sure for common-law couples, but I believe they have the same rights under federal rule.

During trades it's not a "right" to live with your spouse/common-law partner, it's dependent on how long your course is and whether the CoC allows it. If you're ingle, you'll live in the barracks during your course. Once you've finished the course and get your first posting, then you'll be able to choose to live off-base. Use of a vehicle during Basic is once again dependent on the CoC, after that it's at your own discretion as long as you follow any orders from your CoC (during trades and such.)

TinaK said:
During trades it's not a "right" to live with your spouse/common-law partner, it's dependent on how long your course is and whether the CoC allows it. If you're ingle, you'll live in the barracks during your course. Once you've finished the course and get your first posting, then you'll be able to choose to live off-base. Use of a vehicle during Basic is once again dependent on the CoC, after that it's at your own discretion as long as you follow any orders from your CoC (during trades and such.)

I was referring to "right" (air quotes?) in relevance between common-law and legal marriage; yes off base is conditional on request(s) and other factors.

Well, if you are single, they will make you pay for the barrack anyway. But, nobody really check where you are 2:00 am. Just don't be late tho. I have seen people living in apartments off base.

Back