• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What PC Video Game Are You Playing Now?

mellian said:
Earlier in the month was playing Dwarf Fortress, and presently Civ 4: Beyond the Sword with the Planetfall mod which I am gradually tweaking for my own enjoyment.

So yeah mellian, your previous posts convinced me to give Dwarf Fortress a try. Damn you. I now have visions of magma pumps and forgotten beasts and goblin seiges in my dreams. Blood for the Blood God!

Seriously, it's a good game if you're the type of person who can get past the minimal graphics. Just don't assume that because it doesn't have much in the way of graphics that it's not also still a RAM hog. The game is bloody complicated.

As for the discussion of PC / Console gaming, when I build myself a new computer, I typically try to make it high end enough that it'll still be able to run new games for 4-5 of years after the fact. I don't go super crazy buying the ultra-latest top of the line stuff, but usually the stuff that was ulta-latest top of the line stuff 9 - 12 months before. Prices have usually dropped enough by then.

And of course, despite all that, I spend most of my time playing games that don't really need that type of horsepower, like nethack, dwarf fortress, Civ IV, etc. But that isn't to say that I still don't finished off your Fallout IIIs and whatnot, I just find the replay value isn't nearly as high.

Other than that, the XBox gets a bit of use, whereas the PS3 is pretty much a Blu-Ray player only. Only game I've played on that was Shadow of the Colossus.

I'm playing Bad Company 2 on PC currently.  And of course all kinds of other games just to keep me occupied when I get too frustrated playing BC2.

Just got Steel Beast Pro PE and going through the training modes. While similar to SB1, I can see I have lots to learn or I will be Sabot bait.

People are probably too busy playing Starcraft II to post here...

I've recently started playing Empire: Total War for PC again. It is a lot of fun if you're into strategy games. I am thinking about getting Napolean: Total War although it looks very similar to Empire. Has anyone here played both of these games? If so do you think it is worth it to buy Napolean?

Alas, I have not played an actual video game in over a year. I have both PS3 and Wii but I have not found the motivation to play them, I'm more of an Xbox kind of guy.

Friendly advice, don't got Dr. Frankenstein on your Xbox immediately after it breaks before making absolutely sure the warranty has run out.

:-\

Shock said:
I've recently started playing Empire: Total War for PC again. It is a lot of fun if you're into strategy games. I am thinking about getting Napolean: Total War although it looks very similar to Empire. Has anyone here played both of these games? If so do you think it is worth it to buy Napolean?

I like Napolean Total War its a much more stable platform. I think the best game covering that period is Imperial Glory.

Currently hooked on Alien Swarm.  Curently lacking some content (only one campaign), but when it's free, certainly can't complain.

tomahawk6 said:
I think the best game covering that period is Imperial Glory.

I got a great many hours out of Imperial Glory too. I wish the diplomacy system was a little more realistic, but other than that I still enjoyed it thoroughly.

Lately I've been just getting in as much Starcraft 2 as possible! A really fantastic game, and dare I say even worth the 12 year wait! I'm running through the BioShock campaign again too, great game.

And other than that, I'm peppering in some Rome/Medieval 2 Total War and Black and White 2.

Back