• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Regiments Would You Like To See Back?

Why exactly did they disband the CAR? I haven‘t been able to find an explanation other than something along the lines of "stupid Liberal government." Was there even a stated reason?

Uh..well...this is kind of a touchy subject...let‘s just say there was a high-profile ‘incident‘ involving some individuals from the CAR and the gov‘t, intent on downsizing the military and covering up its own neglect of the Forces found it convenient to use this as an excuse to disband the CAR. The politically engineered term "rogue regiment" was frequently used in the press, and the end result was that the unit was stood down.

That‘s not exactly a complete story, but I will leave it to the jumpers on this site to further elaborate if they wish to do so.

Waste of space government and a punish the group mentality. They couldn‘t weed out the few and repair the damage because the "Public" DEMANDED action. However, the majority of the population thought that disbandment was too harsh a verdict. Disbanding the Regiment took the heat off of other "things" and made political life a little easier for the government and higher military officials. It was a cowardly move and I‘m sure that in the future this mistake will be repaired......but when?

hmm... That sounds unfortunate. Anywhere I can find the whole story?

As for regiments to bring back, how ‘bout the 1st Special Service Force? :D :evil:

Back