• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHAT RESERVE UNIT IS IN THE BURLINGTON ARMOURY?

pbi

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I live in Oakville. The other day I was driving in Burlington, passing Burlington Mall. I noticed a DND sign announcing the "Burlington Armoury". This didn't exist when I was last posted here (1998-2001). Who is in there, and how recently was it opened?

Cheers

Thanks. I must say that it is about time that a city of 150,000 people finally got a Reserve unit. Is there a historical RHLI presence in the area? I would have thought that being in Halton Region, it would have fallen under the Lorne Scots (The Peel Dufferin and Halton Regiment).

Cheers.

The Lorne Scots already have 3 armouries. Georgetown, Oakville and Brampton.

I was interest in joining the RHLI but found their numbers lacking, as a result i went with ASH of C in stead.

I believe they are entering the burlington area to increase their numbers as a result of this. ASH of C has been very successful within the last year of so since there 150th and the Queen's presenting of new colours at Copps.

Everyone wants to be on a winning team :salute

RHLI currently has 2 Infantry Platoons currently in Hamilton and needed room for expansion, and they were selected to open up a new infantry company last year in Burlington.  Numbers are not lacking if the government is going to spend a boat load money for a unit to open up a new company.  They were most likely pick because they have the discipline and people  to achieve do this.

If interested in transferring or joining they are open Tuesday nights between 7-10pm.

Ken

Back