• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHAT RESERVE UNIT IS IN THE BURLINGTON ARMOURY?

pbi

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I live in Oakville. The other day I was driving in Burlington, passing Burlington Mall. I noticed a DND sign announcing the "Burlington Armoury". This didn't exist when I was last posted here (1998-2001). Who is in there, and how recently was it opened?

Cheers

pbi

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks. I must say that it is about time that a city of 150,000 people finally got a Reserve unit. Is there a historical RHLI presence in the area? I would have thought that being in Halton Region, it would have fallen under the Lorne Scots (The Peel Dufferin and Halton Regiment).

Cheers.

Pikache

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
The Lorne Scots already have 3 armouries. Georgetown, Oakville and Brampton.

tozer1

Reaction score
I was interest in joining the RHLI but found their numbers lacking, as a result i went with ASH of C in stead.

I believe they are entering the burlington area to increase their numbers as a result of this. ASH of C has been very successful within the last year of so since there 150th and the Queen's presenting of new colours at Copps.

Everyone wants to be on a winning team :salute

highground

Reaction score
RHLI currently has 2 Infantry Platoons currently in Hamilton and needed room for expansion, and they were selected to open up a new infantry company last year in Burlington.  Numbers are not lacking if the government is going to spend a boat load money for a unit to open up a new company.  They were most likely pick because they have the discipline and people  to achieve do this.

If interested in transferring or joining they are open Tuesday nights between 7-10pm.

Ken