• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What would change if (when) we had a King

Yeah, LOVE those numbers.... "I'm from the 4th of 12th of the 109th of the 6th Oil Change Division".  That's a thing to be proud of..... ;D

CHIMO,  Kat

Kat Stevens said:
Yeah, LOVE those numbers.... "I'm from the 4th of 12th of the 109th of the 6th Oil Change Division".   That's a thing to be proud of..... ;D

Hey, I'm looking at my Regimental History of the "Fighting" 5th Marines Regiment right now.   They have a unit lineage that surpasses most of our units.

As well, we seem to do well with our numbered CEF battalions.

Name or number is not important.

Infanteer said:

Time for Numbered Regiments (that's how they started out, anyways....)   8)

If you insist; I suppose we wouldn't mind being know, far and wide, as Canada's First and Finest

That's not a number, Edward - it would have to be "Canada's 1st and Finest".  ;D

Infanteer said:
That's not a number, Edward - it would have to be "Canada's 1st and Finest".    ;D

I guess we would have to revert to 1st of Foot and 1st of Sitting on Arse in Saddle (or someting like that), because the black-hats will likely want to be 1st of something or other, too.

The most professional and dignified Units already use numbers.....

M MacFarlane
89th Fd Bty, 3 RCA

It's about time the crass caught up..     ;D

If the Monarchy is replaced by a Republic, the rank crowns will probably be replaced altogether.

we would have to stand at attention for god save the king,  kr&o s his Mcs  for the navy, the cap badges  other then that  not much, and lots of paper things

The crown used on many of Canadian regimental badges and the amorial bearings of Her Majesty in the Right of Canada (commonly referred to as the Canadian coat of arms) is St Edwards Crown, the official crown of the coronation although Queen Victoria and Edward VII chose not to be crowned with it due its weight.

The crown commonly referred to as the "King's Crown" is the Imperial State Crown. Not all Kings, however, chose this crown in their insignia.

Charles will make the decision.

Point to note at it stands at the moment the line of succession is:

C III R
W V R

Bearing in mind it is also possible that the Prince of Wales could change his name on accession to the throne and decide to be another Edward (XIX in this case) or George VII.  He can pick any of the crowns from the Crown Jewels as his crown, and indeed could elect to use the St Edwards Crown the same as HM The Queen.

TheNomad said:
Point to note at it stands at the moment the line of succession is:

C III R
W V R

Bearing in mind it is also possible that the Prince of Wales could change his name on accession to the throne and decide to be another Edward (XIX in this case) or George VII.  He can pick any of the crowns from the Crown Jewels as his crown, and indeed could elect to use the St Edwards Crown the same as HM The Queen.

because this is link from a major page the Prince of Wales as all but offical stated that he will be George VII in honour of his Grandfather and because of the history linked to Charles
so it likly that
G VII R
W V  R

Back