• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What would happen if Canada was invaded by the US?

Would those British troops at BATUS/Suffield be willing to assist us in such a scenario? Or they would technically be just standing on the sidelines like a neutral party? The Commonwealth may not be a military alliance now but it could later develop into one...I'll leave it to other posters on this board to give their input as to whether the Brits (or maybe even the Australians and other Commonwealth member nations) would intervene at all...

tomahawk6 said:
o merger ? Would Mexico and Canada give up their sovereignty as the nations of the EU seem to be doing ? What would be the benefits and what would be the negatives ?

Why the automatic assumption that only Mexico and Canada would give up Sovereignty? ;)

I have been watching alot of these conspiracy documentaries lately. Everything from the illuminati, to the northamerican union, and even some crazy one about repitilians. Though most is hard to even consider, somethings aren't so far fetched. I do believe that the powers that be are trying to get this union to work. What is scary to me, is I doubt we as a people will rise against it until its too late.

As for this whole invasion idea, it wouldn't happen. The union is more likely to happen. I cannot foresee Americans wanting to risk a war that could spill over into their own soil.

On another note, Article 11 of the Consitution of the US, allows Canada to join at anytime. Although this is an over 300 year old offer, I still found it interesting that it was included. It is not something that I would want to happen, but  its still interesting.

CougarShark said:
Would those British troops at BATUS/Suffield be willing to assist us in such a scenario?

Civi alert: Is it true that the UK has more tanks at Suffield than Canada has total tanks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Army_Training_Unit_Suffield

TMM,

According to this wikipedia link, there are just over 30 Challenger tanks with BATUS at CFB Suffield.

As for my question about BATUS- it was not related to Night black's game scenario but related to the discussion of the scenario of this thread in general. It doesn't look as if anyone wants to answer it.

Night Black you do realize all of our tanks are out west now don't you?

The only two advantages Canada has are better trained troops and home territory.
Urban legend

As well they would be hitting every military base in Canada, you don't really think they would leave any sizable force intact do you?

Night Black said:
You raise many interesting points, and some much needed corrections in my post. :) I do have an explanation for some of the forces being able to fight back, but it's really shaky, and highly unlikely.
I say, make it into a movie. We can make millions. I can help with it too. Plus, we can make specific reference to Army.ca an get more people on here  :D I like your theory though.

What do you mean "what if they invaded" They already have. They didn't use bullets or bombs, but were it counts most ,"economics", almost every large corporation and conglomerate in Canada is American owned. They already own half the country, why would they want to destroy it?

We already did this.  The Lorne Green insertion in 1959 went without a hitch, but his failure to subvert Michael Landon got him demoted to a lower role in the organization, thus his eventual appearance as the lead Canadian infiltrator on Battlestar Galactica. Still, he opened the doors for the following wave (the Green Card? Get it?).  If you look closely, a high proportion of Hollywood stars are Canadian.  We currently have a network of over 200 operatives active, and have expanded our operations to include Las Vegas and New York.  The NHL remains our major entry route for enforcers, and Gretzky is ready to take over the NHL as soon as Burtuzzi can take out Bettman.  Shania did great work getting access to the country and western music industry, but once her cover was blown had to lay low in Switzerland for a few years. 

Shatner!  They're on to you!  Time to come from the cold! 

Back