• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

ArmyVern said:
Perhaps we have the daily winner?  >:D
yay.gif

George Wallace said:

You're coming up with lots of new smilies tonight; got a new site opened up in the background eh?

I too approve this one as the winner - for simply not paying attention to detail, logging off, & then allowing the rest of us to chuckle at his expense. Some may consider that a dumb move. ;D

Me:  There is an error in my SMTP email address, it's spelled incorrectly.

Them:  Let's see, it's lindsay right?

Me: No that's what's wrong, it should be SEY, SIERRA ECHO YANKEE.

Them: Are you sure that's wright it shows S A Y  on my computer.

ME: I know, that's what wrong, I need it changed to the way my name is spelt. S E Y.

Them: Well does it really Matter?

Rage set in at this point.  Some days I really think we should be allowed to kill one stupid person a day as an expample to the shallow end of the gene pool.

Old and Tired said:
Me:  There is an error in my SMTP email address, it's spelled incorrectly.

Them:  Let's see, it's lindsay right?

Me: No that's what's wrong, it should be SEY, SIERRA ECHO YANKEE.

Them: Are you sure that's wright it shows S A Y  on my computer.

ME: I know, that's what wrong, I need it changed to the way my name is spelt. S E Y.

Them: Well does it really Matter?

Rage set in at this point.  Some days I really think we should be allowed to kill one stupid person a day as an expample to the shallow end of the gene pool.

Hmm lets see, am I *sure* I know how to spell my own last name?  At that point, you should have been allowed either 1 free complimentary (1) throw punch or (2) kick in the junk to the idiot before you.

Career Manager: You've already been to Gagetown. How about Petawawa?

Me:  (Crickets chirping)

CM:  Hello?

Me:  I've been to Petawawa too...

CM:  (Crickets chirping)

Me:  Hello?

CM:  Yes, I see that. But that was BEFORE you went to Gander...

Stupid people should have a sign. But we'd all have to wear one eventually. ;D

Welcome back OS

OldSolduer said:
Stupid people should have a sign. But we'd all have to wear one eventually. ;D

True, but we all know a few out there meriting a tattoo....  ;D

I have been living with my boyfriend for a year and a half now.
He has never made the bed... NEVER!!!

He got back from St-Jean, and told me : "I was the best at making the bed, I helped everybody!"  ::)

... Wonders never cease
(he's probably well versed in sweeping, mopping and doing the laundry)

the_girlfirend said:
I have been living with my boyfriend for a year and a half now.
He has never made the bed... NEVER!!!

He got back from St-Jean, and told me : "I was the best at making the bed, I helped everybody!"  ::)

Why would he.....he was getting you to do it......take it out in trade!!    ;D  (boy is he ever going to pay, and pay, and pay.....)

In Control Office looking for trucks in the abyss:

Us: We're looking for trucks XXXXX and YYYYY, any idea where they are and what's wrong?
Them: Well XXXXX just went into second line, you most likely won't get it back for ex.
Us: And YYYYY, it's sitting out back, we saw it, what's up with that one?
Them: Oh yeah, that one.....
Us: Yes?
Them: You might want to look for another truck.
Us: Ahh, that good eh.

(We're short trucks to begin with by the way, let alone having to find more to replace the busted ones. Made me laugh anyway.)

"REPEAT?"

Over a Range Control Net.    (Connaught)

Everyone with some Field time smiled.

Ive heard REPEAT many times on the radio its ONLY a suggestion  that its used for getting  a fire mission  refired.  You know its like the speed limit is a suggetion  :eek:

axeman said:
Ive heard REPEAT many times on the radio its ONLY a suggestion  that its used for getting  a fire mission  refired.   You know its like the speed limit is a suggetion  :eek:

You're not a Gunner or a mortarman, are you?

B-GL-371-004/FP-001
FIELD ARTILLERY
VOLUME 4
DUTIES AT REGIMENTAL HEADQUARTERS AND THE GUN POSITION

REPEAT. The order REPEAT means:

a.   During Adjustment. Another round or rounds, if more
         than one gun is being used, shall be fired at the last data
         ordered by the observer.

b. During FFE. The same number of rounds at the same
   interval shall be fired again. REPEAT may be
   combined with alterations to the number of guns, a
   correction, or the nature of ammunition, but if the
   number of rounds or the interval is changed, REPEAT
   must not be used.

c. REPEAT shall not be used by the GPO/CPO as an order
   to the guns.

Michael O`Leary said:
You're not a Gunner or a mortarman, are you?

B-GL-371-004/FP-001
FIELD ARTILLERY
VOLUME 4
DUTIES AT REGIMENTAL HEADQUARTERS AND THE GUN POSITION

Me thinks he was being sarcastic vice serious with the inclusion of his just like the speed limit is only a suggestion - not a law remark.

ArmyVern said:
Me thinks he was being sarcastic vice serious with the inclusion of his just like the speed limit is only a suggestion - not a law remark.

Sarcasm or not regarding speed limits, "REPEAT" is not a suggestion, is is a specifically defined order used on fire control nets or any other net co-opted for the purpose of requesting/controlling fire.  It should also be noted that a search of ACP 125 RADIOTELEPHONE PROCEDURES does not include its use in any context, specifying "SAY AGAIN", "READ BACK" and "VERIFY" for information clarification requests.

Michael O`Leary said:
Sarcasm or not regarding speed limits, "REPEAT" is not a suggestion, is is a specifically defined order used on fire control nets or any other net co-opted for the purpose of requesting/controlling fire.  It should also be noted that a search of ACP 125 RADIOTELEPHONE PROCEDURES does not include its use in any context, specifying "SAY AGAIN", "READ BACK" and "VERIFY" for information clarification requests.

I'm quite sure he knows that. Ergo his "suggestion" that the speed limit was only a "suggestion" much like the "suggested" use of "repeat". The googley eyes really did it for me, perhaps he should have used the smiley with the shades instead?

Then I guess we read his comment differently, we can wait until he explains his intent.

jeez you guys are unable to comprehend  sarcasm .... yes i was being sarcastic.  but the net order stands . But generally is avoided  being stated on air .but it can be used and yes i am Mortarman Qual. The original statement was simply on a range control net . does not state what unit type.  Some units do not automaticly have indirect  support attached to them , there are reg /reserve units that dont use it . Thanks Vern for your help till i could check the web. being on duty i didnt bother .

:salute: to you share it among yourselves  ..

Michael O`Leary said:
It should also be noted that a search of ACP 125 RADIOTELEPHONE PROCEDURES does not include its use in any context, specifying "SAY AGAIN", "READ BACK" and "VERIFY" for information clarification requests.

Perhaps I am reading this wrong.  "SAY AGAIN", "VERIFY", "READ BACK" are indeed in ACP 125(F).

Back