• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Sexism blamed for criticism of Alberta Premier Alison Redford’s travel expenses

It took a while, but someone's finally played the sexism card in the long-running debate over Alberta Premier Alison Redford's expenses.

Calgary Herald columnist Karin Klassen flipped it over Monday, counter-attacking critics who've called out Redford over what's being considered profligate use of the government jet and top-shelf airline travel.

"This is precisely why women don't go into politics," Klassen fumes. "The attacks on Premier Alison Redford, over her supposedly egregious misuse of the government plane, couldn't be more about her gender if we'd hidden a cocktail napkin in her seat-back and told her women don't belong in the province's cockpit."

That, of course, refers to the flap last week over a handwritten note left by a WestJet passenger objecting to the female pilot commanding his flight.

That's right. Questioning Redford's travel tab is the same as some mouth-breather's ridiculous complaint about the presence of estrogen in the cockpit, according to Klassen.

More at link

This Klassen must be a freaking idiot.....  ::)

PMedMoe said:
This Klassen must be a freaking idiot.....  ::)

Oldgateboatdriver said:
This Klassen, however, is worth remembering:

http://www.mts.ca/cindy/biography.html

I think she spent too much time skating around in circles, and it made her dizzy.

My Facebook feeds this week.

This is a game changer.
No it's not. It's a stupid article on Facebook.

You won't believe what happens to the girl in this video
More like I won't care. It's a lame attempt at reverse psychology to watch some video of someone in all likelihood being an idiot.

This 14 year old just wrote the most important poem you'll read this year
Nope I doubt it.

*picture of a kid holding up a sign reading*
My mom said if I get 100'000 likes then she will quit smoking
Your mom is an idiot. She should quit smoking because  it's healthier for you and so she will live longer, not so you can see how many people click a mouse button.

I just went through a traumatic event, I'm going to post a story about it on facebook and try to make it go viral then act surprised and upset when complete strangers on the internet make asshole comments

I'm posting a selfie picture of me standing in the bathroom, don't be too hard on me I hate this picture
If you hate the picture you wouldn't be posting it, which isn't that big of a deal if you don't because you literally have 1400 other pictures of yourself all in the same pose.

You won't believe..
Bla bla bla

Last but not least
Vaguebooking
Poster 1- I can't believe what just happened
Poster 2- What happened?
Poster 3- Ya whats going on, are you okay?
Poster 4- I wanna know too, whats up?
Poster 1- I don't want to talk about it.

I'm the first to champion the need for a healthy population but I laughed when I heard :

Protestor on Bloor street in Toronto : '...and worldwide healthcare for everyone is a liberal idea that we can all enjoy!  Just think, It will all be free! No one will have to pay!'

*facepalm* : No one eh?

Edited to include :

cupper said:
It's like a hot pack, but cold.

:)

I can just see them trying to explain free health care by stating that the government just needs to print more money to pay for it. 

Saw a bumper sticker last night that read:

Stop for Moose
It could save your life

For anyone who needs to learn that off of a bumper sticker, I think we should just let Darwin do his thing.

Journeyman said:
Saw a bumper sticker last night that read:

Stop for Moose
It could save your life

For anyone who needs to learn that off of a bumper sticker, I think we should just let Darwin do his thing.
Good point - I'm guessing those that could stop, did ....

I actually saw a bumper sticker yesterday- "What happens in chicken stays in chicken".

It's weird, I thought most of our vets up here were Patricias.  ;D

‘Frozen’ Gay Conspiracy Theory

Frozen might just be the most talked-about kids movie since Toy Story, but it’s not all accolades and awards for the Oscar-winning animated flick. There is a fear campaign mounting against the film, warning conservative parents and grandparents to keep their impressionable young children away from what some believe is a musical advertisement for the gay agenda.

It seems to have started with Kathryn Skaggs who, according to the title of her blog, is “A Well-Behaved Mormon Woman.” After being dragged against her will three different times by three sets of grandchildren to see Frozen, Skaggs couldn’t “Let It Go” any longer. After the third viewing she was convinced: This beloved movie, with its top-notch animation and its catchy theme song doesn’t just have homosexual undertones (what Disney movie doesn’t?) but is 108 minutes of pure gay propaganda! “It is apparent that the very best talent within the industry was called upon for every facet of producing and bringing [Frozen] to the big screen: illustrators; animators; writers; composers; singing artist; actors; etc., in order to woo its intended audience, parents, into a frozen-state, which would then allow liberalism to indoctrinate children,” Skaggs wrote in lengthy blog post last month.

More at link

Also, link to Skaggs' Blog

Seriously lady?  I think your head isn't quite screwed on properly....  ::)

From Facebook, potentially a future member of the CF

yes i get that i guess i just didnt think people with phd's and shit would be going infantry doesnt really make sense to me why did they waste all that time/money on college and university just to decide they dont want to do it ive always wanted to go army so i never wasted my time with anything else sure i got distracted adn had my troubles as a teen but the second i found out i could join with a grade 10 i dropped outa highschool a week later only problem was i started doin shit i shouldnt have done and got distracted for a few years

So when is Chuck Norris gonna beat him up again?  ;D

National Post

Steven Seagal calls Russian action in Ukraine ‘very reasonable,’ says he may apply for Russian citizenship

U.S. action star Steven Seagal has said in a lengthy interview with a Russian language newspaper that he supports Vladimir Putin’s action in Ukraine, calling the Russian president “one of the great living world leaders.”

In the interview, which Seagal conducted with Russian newspaper Rossiskaya Gazeta while shooting a film in Romania, the action star and Arizona gubernatorial hopeful called U.S. President Barack Obama’s stance on Russian’s annexation of Crimea “idiotic,” saying Putin’s “”desire to protect the Russian-speaking people of Crimea, his assets, and the Russian Black Sea military base in Sevastopol … is very reasonable.”

(...EDITED)

"I don't think the ferocity of the mission perhaps dawned on even military leaders, let alone political leaders of two different governments," --- former MND Peter McKay speaking about Afghanistan.

Back