• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

ajp said:
Not an unusual question in a Res Troop that had 5 of 6 pers in a patrol all with the same last name....!

Reminds me of RCD Regimental Transport in 1994.  Dave and Dave and Dave and Dave and New Dave.  I think I was the only one not a Dave.

George Wallace said:
Reminds me of RCD Regimental Transport in 1994.  Dave and Dave and Dave and Dave and New Dave.  I think I was the only one not a Dave.

So did they call you "not Dave"?    :D

Try the comments on the CBC Menard story.

I wonder if they do not really post any comments for military stories? Instead they use a generator that randomly selects from the millions of stupid comments they already have on file.

Journeyman said:
Reading through some comments on the Globe and Mail site:So.....people who believe there's nothing worth defending or going to war over should never breed.

Perhaps not so dumb after all.  ;)

I like that idea.

Michael O'Leary said:
What if he was slumped down after suffering a heart attack, should we then still be disdainful because no-one knocked on the glass to make sure he was ok?  How many other medical conditions might have caused him to appear to be sleeping, rather than just being asleep? How could you tell them apart and know if was just a sleeping TTC employee?

It's easy to mock him after the fact, and probably he should be disciplined in some way if there were no mitigating circumstances. But that doesn't mean someone shouldn't have had the compassion to make sure he was ok.

Update:
" 'Dozing' TTC worker suffers stroke, dies: The TTC ticket collector whose picture went viral after he was caught sleeping on the job earlier this year died Saturday.":
http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/11/27/16344486.html
R.I.P.

Ref: Reply #1367 

mariomike said:
Update:
" 'Dozing' TTC worker suffers stroke, dies: The TTC ticket collector whose picture went viral after he was caught sleeping on the job earlier this year died Saturday.":
http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/11/27/16344486.html
R.I.P.

Ref: Reply #1367

Talk about a stretch. That's the cheapest segue I've ever seen.

Sweet friggin' Jesus. What does one have to do with the other, and WTF does this have to do with "The Dumbest Thing You've Heard' thread?

Can't you see one thread here without posting a one liner and a godamn web link?

I appreciate you think soldiers might be overly interested in everything EMS, TTC, whatever, but guess what? We're not. Your participation has been valued, please don't ruin it by becoming a big pest.

edit - spelling

recceguy said:
Talk about a stretch. That's the cheapest seguey I've ever seen.

Sweet friggin' Jesus. What does one have to do with the other, and WTF does this have to do with "The Dumbest Thing You've Heard' thread?

Can't you see one thread here without posting a one liner and a godamn web link?

I appreciate you think soldiers might be overly interested in everything EMS, TTC, whatever, but guess what? We're not. Your participation has been valued, please don't ruin it by becoming a big pest.

I was not the original poster of the story back in January, 2010 in this thread. Two others commented on it.
This was just an update on the story we discussed ten months ago that happened to be in today's news. I would not have posted it otherwise.

We would rather have you participate in threads without each thread becoming an ambulance chase.....we know you worked in and around them, good, now move on...

Pilot in the LACM
"- 7  C Wow today must be out lucky day. Everything is coming up sevens"
moments later at the plane skids off the taxiway sideways at a big whalloping 2 miles an hour.. "Brace for impact!!"

LOL 

recceguy said:
Well, that is potentially the dumbest thing.....because you know he can't  ;)

Stacked said:
A convorsation with myself, my girlfriend, and a few of her friends from her violin class.

"So, i'm going down to the legion next week to serve dinner" - Me.
"Oh, the legion what's that?" - Girlfriends friend.
"You know.. Where Veterans go and share stories, hang out, etc" - Me.
"Oh, like, the people who fix animals?" -Friend

Yeah... I know...

Facepalm...... ;D

recceguy said:
Talk about a stretch. That's the cheapest segue I've ever seen.

edit - spelling

This post is the dumbest thing I've read today.  :)

Stacked said:
A convorsation with myself, my girlfriend, and a few of her friends from her violin class.

"So, i'm going down to the legion next week to serve dinner" - Me.
"Oh, the legion what's that?" - Girlfriends friend.
"You know.. Where Veterans go and share stories, hang out, etc" - Me.
"Oh, like, the people who fix animals?" -Friend

Yeah... I know...
If she's that dumb, she must have really big boobs!  >:D

Man shoots boy in tree after asking if he's a pigeon

(Emphasis mine)

A British man has been sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison for shooting a 12-year-old boy in a tree.

Daniel Clarke, 22, was shooting pigeons with an air rifle near his Norwich home, located 185 km northeast of London, on Sept. 19, the Telegraph newspaper reported.

Clarke noticed two boys in a nearby tree, and had a conversation with them.

One of the boys told Clarke he isn't a pigeon.

"Clarke than asked him if he was sure and started firing randomly," prosecutor Christopher Youell said, the paper reported.

Clarke then walked away from the tree and said, 'Wait there, I'll see if I can hit you from here."

One of the boys felt a sting on the right side of his head. He'd been hit less than an inch from his eye.

The boys left the tree and ran home.

Defence lawyer Andrew Shaw said from 40 feet away, there was "no certainty" Clarke would hit the boy and the man's behaviour was reckless, but not intentional, the newspaper reported.

But Judge Peter Jacobs told Clarke he could have blinded the boy.

Say what?  Not intentional?  ::)

Back