• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

No maple leaf on Tim Hortons festive mug for Quebec

Tim Hortons has released its festive holiday mugs, but there's something missing in the Quebec version -- the maple leaf.

It's been replaced by a snowflake, in the latest example of Canadian companies specializing their products for Quebec culture.

If you've ever ordered a bottle of Labatts in a Montreal bar, you may have noticed the maple leaf has been replaced by a symbol that looks oddly like... a fleur de lis.

Tim Hortons may have gone a step further. All pan-Canadian images, from the Rocky Mountains to the CN Tower, are removed from its holiday mugs on sale in la belle province.

The coffee chain says it has nothing to do with politics. In a statement, the company said: "Sometimes, direct translations may not make sense."

More at link

So, pictures need translation?  ???  ::)

A tempest that comes with its own teacup.  This sort of thing makes me wonder if there aren't a few ad companies that specialize in creating ad campaigns that might intentionally spin off into extra media attention as part of the package. 

So, which of you hardcore Tim's drinkers is permanently boycotting Tim's over this?  No-one?  So, I guess it doesn't really matter what's on the cups.  >:D

Michael O'Leary said:
So, I guess it doesn't really matter what's on the cups.  >:D

I don't give a rat's ass about the "Quebec" mugs.  I just thought the comment was stupid.

The manager of our condo building telling me "Good luck!" when I asked her to help me call my girlfriend, who had accidentally locked me out on our balcony when I was out for a smoke.

hold_fast said:
He was using his lawyer's address in the midst of what he's calling a refugee claim. I suspect he will ultimately aim for asylum in Switzerland.
What I'm concerned about is whether it's common practice to publish the details of a person's bank account and its status.

Also, the op-ed piece above made me puke in my mouth.

This post is the dumbest thing I've read today. :)

hold_fast said:
Some days, I'm surprised you can read. ;)

Quit trolling. Only warning.

Staff

Got an email letting me know that Humpty, the "family" cat, is going to be put down. Not because she's old (only 5 years), not because she's sick, not because she's in pain, but because she craps on the floor a couple times a month, and rubbing her face in the piles of crap hasn't changed anything.

Sapplicant said:
Got an email letting me know that Humpty, the "family" cat, is going to be put down. Not because she's old (only 5 years), not because she's sick, not because she's in pain, but because she craps on the floor a couple times a month, and rubbing her face in the piles of crap hasn't changed anything.

That's just ridiculous. Poor Humpty should be put up for adoption.

HavokFour said:
That's just ridiculous. Poor Humpty should be put up for adoption.

Checked into the homestead, looks like the litter box has been ignored for about a week  :rage:. No ****ing wonder she craps on the floor. I'm gonna move into a pet friendly apt. in January and take her in myself.

Brother in law told me that  the girl friend did not need a breast pump she just had to tougher up  her nipples and nursing would not bother her.........i could not believe a guy wanted to speak up about breast feeding........i just went out and got a pump for her

FormerHorseGuard said:
Brother in law told me that  the girl friend did not need a breast pump she just had to tougher up  her nipples and nursing would not bother her.........i could not believe a guy wanted to speak up about breast feeding........i just went out and got a pump for her
I'm confused.  Was it dumb that a guy would speak about breast feeding?  Or was it dumb that he wouldn't go get her a breast pump?  Or that he thought that she ought to "toughen up" when it came to breast feeding?  Or all of the above?

Technoviking said:
I'm confused.  Was it dumb that a guy would speak about breast feeding?  Or was it dumb that he wouldn't go get her a breast pump?  Or that he thought that she ought to "toughen up" when it came to breast feeding?  Or all of the above?

I think the dumb part was him saying she should "man up."    ;D

Alleged Wikileaker PFC Bradley Manning as "hero"
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/95541/post-999884.html#msg999884

Back