• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whats up with the recruiting center??

jarko

Inactive
Reaction score
I call the Toronto recruiting center and tell them that I have been merit listed for 2.5 months so far.

I ask them these questions :

How often is the NCM board meeting ?
Approximately how much time can it take for me to be chosen?
How many people am I competing for a spot in the next basic?

To all of the questions above, I got an answer of "Sorry we can't tell you"

Whats up with that??

-

If they really want people to join the army why don't they put some effort in their work ( Does everyone there have to hate their job? ). I mean comon we have to wait up to a year to actually get in so why don't they try soothing our wait by actually giving a decent answer for our questions.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Are you sure you really wanna know answers to some of thoose questions.

jarko said:
I call the Toronto recruiting center and tell them that I have been merit listed for 2.5 months so far.

Whats up with that??

-

If they really want people to join the army why don't they put some effort in their work ( Does everyone there have to hate their job? ). I mean comon we have to wait up to a year to actually get in so why don't they try soothing our wait by actually giving a decent answer for our questions.

Send me a PM with your name and the occupation(s) you are applying for and I will tell you what your chances are.

How often is the NCM board meeting ? Next board is 14 Jan 05 and is usually every three months.
Approximately how much time can it take for me to be chosen? If you are competitive one to six months.
How many people am I competing for a spot in the next basic?  Depends on the occupation.  If I know your trade selection(s) I can tell you how many where boarded on 06 Dec 04.

I didn't think it was worth it to start something new here. As for my first choice of career I've put down image tech. I'm a pro photographer in civilian life. And much of my photography is either SAR photos (was on a local SAR team) or adventure - i.e. mountaineering, etc. I'm older, and am just starting my medical testing. I've got medical and interview to go. I've done my CFAT, security checks, PT. I've been at this process for quite some time but much of it was my own fault. First I chopped off the tip of a finger - oops! with an ax so didn't want to take the PT until it was healed - I was also initially down as reserve then was told had to go reg to apply as photo tech. right now I'm about to start my medical but was also told image tech wasn't open at the moment until new fiscal year so perhaps by the time i'm thru my med it will be open????  Anyone have a clue of the number of spots in that trade? I can only imagine it's very small. If I get to the interview process do I show up at the interview with my portfolio in hand? I've been warned that most photographers or image techs don't start off as that but end up re-mustering? - is that the term?

any info as to my chances?

merlane

well I wouldn't mind know what up.... everyone has a different experince but is this generaly what happens, you call and they give you a, can't tell you your own info answer?????
If so that buggered up  :rage:

My one and only selection was the Infantry 031, I know its very competitive but I would still like to know.

jarko said:

Whats up with that??

-

To answer your questions:

1. Board dates for most NCM trades are every six weeks.  If I told every applicant for which I am responsible that the board is on the 15th; from the 16th and on, I would be inundated with phone calls and I would not be able to do my job effectively.

2. It all depends on how competitive you are, how many positions are available for the trade, when the next trade course starts, and how many applicants are applying for that trade.  No one at the recruiting centre knows all of this information for every trade in the CF.

3. You don't compete for a spot for basic training.  Applicants are selected on the criteria listed above.

The CFRC only recruits and processes applications.  Boards, the selection process, and job offers are all controlled by HQ and they are all based upon the constantly changing needs of the CF.

To respond to your last statement; I like my job and I work very hard at it!  However I do not have the time, resources, and knowledge to answer all the questions from all the applicants for which I am responsible.

I live in Toronto and been calling for weeks and no one is picking up :-\

go down in person to 4900 yonge st. and walk in, you would have better chance of them giving you a reasonable answer than having them blow you off on the phone it closed ended answers.

"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight
kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight"

Koach said:
To respond to your last statement; I like my job and I work very hard at it!   However I do not have the time, resources, and knowledge to answer all the questions from all the applicants for which I am responsible.

I believe you when you say this Koach, not sure why because I don't know you, but I do believe it.   However, anywhere you go there are good hardworking people and there are the lazy smucks, CFRC is no exception.   You may not admit it, but I can guarantee you have a few in your office, every office has them.

I have no complaints about CFRC, just the opposite, I am extremely happy with the service I receive.   Mind you, I was dealing with pretty lazy one at one point, but the pip has since been shipped back to sea.   Thank goodness!

I work in emergency services, and handle similar calls, the same questions over and over and OVER again.   It's enough to drive you nuts, but you have to deal with it as both your paycheque and mine come out of the pockets of the people we are serving.   I believe people have the right to complain if they feel they are being lied to or otherwise not taken seriously, and that is what these posters appear to be doing.

I believe people have the right to complain if they feel they are being lied to or otherwise not taken seriously, and that is what these posters appear to be doing.

You are correct however posting a comment on a website will not be very effective in resolving a situation.  I have posted previously on how to address, what applicants feel, are legitimate complaints.  The questions being asked by jarko are very complex and beyond the knowledge of most who work in a recruiting centre.  I know what this individual is going through and I can appreciate the frustrations expressed however the CFRC's objective is to ensure that applicant files are processed effectively and meet the needs of CFRG.

J0HN said:
I live in Toronto and been calling for weeks and no one is picking up :-\

are you thinking of going reserve? or reg force? and do you know what trade you might possibly be interested in? if the answer is reserve and your looking for a trade with the 25 service battalion, I can have your name in tommorow and you can probably have a phone call within the week unless the recruiting staff are already on holiday leave. Even still your application cant be forwarded or processed until after the holiday break is up.

image tec is a long ass wait, a very close friend of mine(met at basic) got it but waited a couple of years

good luck

I found them pretty helpful at toronto when I did go in there to apply,  they just kept on trying to talk me out of infantry.

Its just all the paperwork thats a pain and slows things down.

Yes, I had the same experience. They put so much effort into telling me how infantry was ridiculously challenging and how they would not do it if they had a chance to; I found it a little odd but did not discourage me  :warstory:

Oh and make sure you call them every step along the way of your application process..it is the best way to get all of your tests and such done ASAP. Luckily mine was a relatively painless.

[quote If they really want people to join the army why don't they put some effort in their work ( Does everyone there have to hate their job? ). I mean comon we have to wait up to a year to actually get in so why don't they try soothing our wait by actually giving a decent answer for our questions.

i can understand how you feel. I am applying for image tech as well. But you must understand the recruiting center may have policies on what to say or not to say. This can be frustrating. This happens to me at my current job in tech support. You may have somm answers but you may not be able to say them.

Well i would really like a phone call to say that i got my first choice " Image Tech"

Harold Hemberger

jarko said:

Whats up with that??

-

I'm on the same boat my friend.  I've been waiting for their call since August 2004, and it doesn't look like I will get a call. 

Yeah they told me to make progress and I might get picked when they start handing out jobs again.

I can't wait for the follow up interview  ::)

Down in the US they ship ya out to basic in 2 weeks if you want, here I dunno wtf is going on.

The merit list is such crap.

You go to other places around the world and they will drag people kicking and screaming into the army,  here they say they have too many applications that its a problem.

Need to get a Terran Federation method going on. Swear you in right at the recruiting area...

Back