• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHEN IS the next Naval Officer Assessment Board (NOAB) ?

Looks like its going to be the week of December the 7th

Done Moe.

It truly is sad that we have aspiring NOBs who can't be bothered to read.

First off, my bad on the typo. There is no such thing as a CWO2.  I meant CPO2.  Second, the dates for the next NOAB are Dec 7-11.  I was in the office that is responsible for organizing it.  Hope that those who aspire to be on it will make it.  The total number has not yet been confirmed, but it looks like it could be between 40 & 65 at this time.

Remember, it is not a competition.  If the board found everyone on NOAB as a suitable candidate, then they would make an offer to everyone.  Granted, that is not usually the case; but you are only competing with yourself and no one else.  Enjoy the time here, remain professional, decide if the Navy is for you, and if it is, then go for it. Don't let anything or anyone else stop you.  If you are coming in Dec, then I will be here.  NOAB is a great time, enjoy it.

Just got the phone call today, I'm going to the west coast.  Is there any one else in Durham Region going?

For those of you who are thinking of joining the Navy as an officer under the DEO or CEOTP entry plan for MARS, MS Eng,  or NCS Eng, the next NOAB will be held in Esquimalt 12 - 16 April 2010.

Yep, you guys will be staying in Kingsmill building with all the NETP-O and MARS III students, good times  ;D

Hello,

I just received acceptance into ROTP as a MARS officer, and it mentioned that the offer is subject to successful completion of the NOAB.  I had gotten the impression that ROTP candidates did not do the NOAB, but given this mention, I'd like to confirm it with the fine gentleman here.  Also, The dates for this coming NOAB conflict with my final exam schedule for university.  If that is the case, does anyone know if they'd be postponed until the next one and I carry on with other forms of training, or would I be stuck hanging waiting for the opportunity to do the NOAB?

Thank you,
ekpiper

That indeed does not sound correct. Did you bring this up at the time with the RC when they gave you the news about your offer? I suggest contacting them again, specifically raising this point, and ask them to get back to you when they have an answer.

ekpiper:
If you wish, send me an email at John.Gardam@forces.gc.ca with your name and recruiting center and I will look into it.  ROTP do not (yet) pass through the NOAB so I suspect it is an error.

MARSBA: Thank you for the offer.  I am undergoing a Component Transfer, so it is being dealt with in Ottawa, not through my recruiting centre.  I have sent them an e-mail, and am now waiting for a response.  I'm actually very excited about doing the NOAB, as it seems like it would be a great experience.

gcclarke: Also thank you for the information.

I'm not certain if the fact that I am a Component Transfer makes any difference, but I hope to hear back soon for the CT cell.

I just received the call to attend NOAB from April 11th to 16th, i am really looking forward to meeting everyone. 

Thank you for your reply MARSBA...I hope this is correct a information and I hope to receive a call from the recruiting centre.

Good luck to all of you attending the NOAB coming up next week, most of us are at DC school next week, but I'm sure we will see you in the Gunroom on Thursday or Friday.

Cheers!

Hello

I learned today at 16h15 that my plane will arrive at the victoria's airport around 22h45 (sunday). Since I will be late and miss the sunday's meeting, I was wondering where will I have to go to get the key of my room? I would also need to know where I will sleep, the only information I have is «carrée des officiers». I can't really contact anyone since it's the week-end.

I would appreciate if someone could help me, thanks.

Sorry about the english, second language.

Back