• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

which Wireless Internet Provider can you get/use at CFLRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawaguy25

Inactive
Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been posted before I have searched and found nothing.  Does anyone know which Intrenet Provider I can get in St-Jean.  I want to have it all set up before I go.  I know you don't have any thing until around the fourth week in, but I want to be able to hook it all up.  Thank you ahead of time

What course are you going on ?

If you are going on BMQ / BMOQ i only have one thing to say :

You are f*****g joking right ?

ottawaguy25 said:
I am going on BMQ july 7th 2008

BMQ...internet in your quarters......

:rofl:

Thanks for the laugh, its been a hard day.

I'm assuming "internet" is a euphemism for "interwoven camouflage netting"?

I don't think any other variety would be present. We should expect... spartan conditions.

Are you on last comic standing? Are you the reason my friend didn't make it? Cause you are funny!!! Yeah, all joking aside, no offense, but keep dreaming. They have internet terminals set up in the green break room that you can use, if you don't mind spending your hard earned nickels (read two-nies) on. Other than that, best bet is wait until your fourth week, go to the Bistro and use the free net there. It's limited to half hour blocks, but it's free, well, actually your mess dues cover it, but yeah, you don't have to pay per use. OR, you could go to an internet cafe (of course only once you aren't cb'd anymore). Best of luck, have fun, take care. Just remember, it's all a game, or is it.

The other option if you do think you'll have time is to try to get a "portable" solution.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/2520/206/

I, as many others here hope you realize that you'll be quite busy on course.  But it is important that you do take time when you get the chance to relax.  It will be difficult as I don't think you'll have much storage.  Back in my day, we had everything confiscated at the beginning of course and only had access to our stored kit once we got permission to leave base near the end of course.  Even then, it was only for 30 minutes or so and then it was locked up for the weekend until we got back.

Good luck, make sure you have your priorities straight when you hit the ground.

ottawaguy25 said:
I am sorry if this has been posted before I have searched and found nothing.  Does anyone know which Intrenet Provider I can get in St-Jean.  I want to have it all set up before I go.  I know you don't have any thing until around the fourth week in, but I want to be able to hook it all up.  Thank you ahead of time

You will be briefed on all that when you arrive.  However, as you can see from the responses here, maybe you should rethink this one.  #1, you have no idea what Sector, or room, or floor, or pavailion you will be staying in.  #2, you won't have time to sit in this room once you are living there waiting for Bell Canada to show up.  #3 this type of request will have to be passed up thru  your Platoon Chain of Command, you just don't do what you want to do there.

If you are that hot n horny about it, I suggest you go with some cellular solution, but you can count on it not being worth the $ in the end if you are as busy as you should be on BMQ.

If you are that hot n horny about it, I suggest you go with some cellular solution, but you can count on it not being worth the $ in the end if you are as busy as you should be on BMQ.

Agreed. Cellular would be the way to go.

Best I can think of is Telus. Google "Connect Day Plan", it would seem to be the most fitting for weekend internet access.

this is kind of off topic, but should I bring books with me to read?

Here's an even crazier one...

If you don't know what Joining Instructions are, try searching for CFLRS Joining Instructions, here or on Google.

Eye In The Sky said:
Here's an even crazier one...

If you don't know what Joining Instructions are, try searching for CFLRS Joining Instructions, here or on Google.

whoh.....whoh....back the f*****g truck up.......

Google ?

;D

Yea i have the joining instructions and i have read them. I was just wondering if it was a good idea or it was just one of the things that was pointless to bring that is included in the joining instructions. My cousin bought stuff and when he got to St Jean he had to rebuy most of the stuff cause it wasn't like that stuff there.

Fraser said:
Yea i have the joining instructions and i have read them. I was just wondering if it was a good idea or it was just one of the things that was pointless to bring that is included in the joining instructions. My cousin bought stuff and when he got to St Jean he had to rebuy most of the stuff cause it wasn't like that stuff there.

Oddly, you will (or should) learn very quickly that your instructors don't give a flying frig about what your cousin says.  However, the CO of CFLRS and his orders may matter to your staff.  If you read the JI's, I believe they state specific sizes for certain items;  this is because of the locker layout and size.  The CANEX carries the items you are (I believe) told in the JIs to have specific sizes of.  Starting to question stuff now will only make the whole process harder once you get there if you continue to.

The JIs are good as they are written.  Read them in more detail.  If it says "you can bring a Widget but may not have access to it" then thats exactly the way it is.  If it says bring shampoo in no larger than 1 liter bottles, thats what you get.  Its simple, don't make it harder by thinking you know better when you have yet to even grace the Mega with your presence.

Advice, its your choice to take it or leave it but I can guaruntee you the "Sgt but my cousin said...." reason will just NOT work out in your favour.  Maybe your cousin did one of the deadliest sins out there...he did NOT pay attention to detail.  Pay attention to detail.

WOW..  By far one of the funniest threads I have read in a while, should come with a warning, "Do not consume beverages while reading this thread".   Damn near cost me a monitor.

Please feel free to use "Sgt, but my cousin said....".  Your course mates will thank you for the entertainment value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back