• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

white supremacist Mother has children taken away....

RangerRay said:
Does this mean that parents who put t-shirts of mass murderer, Che Guevera, on their kids will have their kids seized by the State?  Kids who wear Hammer & Sickle t-shirts?  Kids who wear Stars of David?  Christian crosses?  The Crescent?

Thought crimes and pre-crimes...
If the highlighted portions of the articles cited by Blackadder are accurate, then I'm sure the kids were removed for more than just a symbol on an arm.  Having t-shirts as described above would not, in isolation, be enough to remove a child.  Most, if not all, schools have codes of conduct.  This will include appropriate dress.  If there is something being worn that is offensive according to the code of conduct, the parent is usually asked to bring in a replacement. If the parent refuses, or in this case re-applies the symbol, the child is not allowed back to school until the code of conduct infraction is rectified.  Calling in the Children's Aid just for a symbol drawn on the arm is an over-reaction, if taken in isolation.

There would have to be more to this story.
The truth of the matter is my Great Uncle, my uncles and my father now me have all put our life on the line for our Country thus given people freedom of their beliefs so even if we don't like what they have to say , it is there right to say it.

As a parent I want my children to be accepting, well rounded, well adjusted, productive, happy kids. 
It boggles my mind that not everyone wants that for their kids.  Teaching hate and supremacy over another colour or culture is very detrimental to that child if you want them to be well adjusted.

And I think she's a moron to send her kids to school with a swastika, what did she think was going to happen? 
However, if every parent that did something wrong had their kids taken away we would have a whole lot of displaced kids. 

We as parents are allowed to parent our children the way we see fit, unfortunately there is no licence or qualifications to be a parent, and any bonehead, stupidiot can be one and then they can pass on their own bonehead, stupidiot ideas.

Who knows, maybe these kids will grow up to be accepting, well rounded, well adjusted, productive, happy kids DESPITE being raised by boneheads and stupidiots.  After all....we ALL know someone that have overcome bad parenting to become great adults! 

There is hope!

I teach my son what I believe is factual information. Like how by the year 2020, whites will be a minority in the US, that the Canadian immigration policies need a major overhaul to weed out the undesirables that claim to be "political refugee's" so we can't send them back, and that the government preaches against racial discrimination but is the worst offender with their increasing reverse descrimination against white Canadians. Just recently my son's school had a "fun day" at the beach and were told by the teacher to bring baseballs and gloves and things to play with, and then told "oh, and for you first nation children, you can bring fishing rods if you like". I couldn't believe it when he told me. I laughed in disbelief and my boy kept asking me what was so funny. I see natives with "Native Pride" hats here in BC. There is nothing wrong with pride in your race, but if a white person has a "White Pride" hat on they're immediately labelled as a nazi-loving skinhead. WTF?

Dean Thompson said:
I see natives with "Native Pride" hats here in BC. There is nothing wrong with pride in your race, but if a white person has a "White Pride" hat on they're immediately labelled as a nazi-loving skinhead. WTF?

But if you had "Scottish Pride" or "Aussie Pride" or some other thing then there wouldn't be an issue.  When I see something like the "Native Pride" hats, I don't think of race, but culture.  As for reverse discrimination, we bring it upon ourselves, changing the story of the Three Little Pigs so as not to offend Muslims, calling a Christmas tree a Holiday tree (whereas we should really go with the proper historical term of Yule tree  ;D since the decoration WAS stolen from the Pagans after all) and so on and so forth.  We've allowed reverse discrimination ourselves and it's gottent o the point where the very people we have been trying to shelter are shaking their heads at the decision makers and telling them to relax a bit.  The pendulum is still swinging.

We all have different cultures and different ethnic backgrounds, we are all of the same race.  The human race. :cdn:

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
We all have different cultures and different ethnic backgrounds, we are all of the same race.  The human race. :cdn:

"You see? Even their language is biased - "HUMAN rights..."

(sorry, wrong thread - belongs over in Movie Quotes)  ;D

>:D

That's great that we are all of the human race now whens Caucasian Pride month, week or day ?  It's fine to say the words that we are all equal  but when men cant have long hair unless your Native or Sikh, not allowed to have ea rings unless your a woman . When all these  are allowed for men  of ANY race  or i can stand up and not being arrested for standing up and saying "WHITE POWER" the same way that any other race can I'll believe that we are equal  but right now we are suffering from the "Oh we are so sorry thought train" going on . Why cant i do exactly the same as any other member of any race or sex ?

Any way thats my opinion and thoughts . Any dumping on this  will prove what I've said . I dont practice racism and do not condone it but  in the end i can say what I believe in and with the freedoms that we are allowed to enjoy without fear of harrasement and censor .

axeman said:
Any dumping on this  will prove what I've said .

No it won't.  It will just show that some people disagree with you.

axeman said:

That's great that we are all of the human race now whens Caucasian Pride month, week or day ?  It's fine to say the words that we are all equal  but when men cant have long hair unless your Native or Sikh, not allowed to have ea rings unless your a woman . When all these  are allowed for men  of ANY race  or i can stand up and not being arrested for standing up and saying "WHITE POWER" the same way that any other race can I'll believe that we are equal  but right now we are suffering from the "Oh we are so sorry thought train" going on . Why cant i do exactly the same as any other member of any race or sex ?

Any way thats my opinion and thoughts . Any dumping on this  will prove what I've said . I dont practice racism and do not condone it but  in the end i can say what I believe in and with the freedoms that we are allowed to enjoy without fear of harrasement and censor .

Who has said that you can't have long hair or ear rings? I see lots of guys that have both...... Amongst other things......

Rodahn said:
Who has said that you can't have long hair or ear rings? I see lots of guys that have both...... Amongst other things......

Not on duty military members.

Dean Thompson said:
Not on duty military members.

But that is the choice that axeman, and other members of the military have made. They also have the choice of getting out ,if they do not agree with the existing regulations, then growing their hair long and getting ear rings....

Rodahn said:
But that is the choice that axeman, and other members of the military have made. They also have the choice of getting out ,if they do not agree with the existing regulations, then growing their hair long and getting ear rings....
The point that they are trying to say is this
We are all equal, and treated as such.  Except....when it comes to race (aboriginal men, for example, can have long hair in the military), and when it comes to gender (women can also have long hair, irrespective of race.)  His point is that these practices are discriminatory, because they discriminate based on gender (an apparent no-no when it comes to the Charter) and race (another apparent no-no when it comes to the Charter).
As for 'reverse' discrimination, what an atrocious grouping of words!  Is it "reverse" simply because it picks on whitey?  ::)

Is not whitey simply the standard by which others are compared and, if necessary, made exception to?

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
The point that they are trying to say is this
We are all equal, and treated as such.  Except....when it comes to race (aboriginal men, for example, can have long hair in the military), and when it comes to gender (women can also have long hair, irrespective of race.)  His point is that these practices are discriminatory, because they discriminate based on gender (an apparent no-no when it comes to the Charter) and race (another apparent no-no when it comes to the Charter).
As for 'reverse' discrimination, what an atrocious grouping of words!  Is it "reverse" simply because it picks on whitey?  ::)

WRT military members, it is not even reverse discrimination but simple pandering and stupidity. The short hair and no earrings rules were developed responses to the demands of hygene in the field (to reduce the possibilities of disease and transmission of desease vectors like lice) and to allow for the proper functioning of PPE such as gas masks and helmets. Body piercings are another fashion statement which can interfere with operational effectiveness (imagine being in a hot environment like being buttoned up in a LAV or working on a big diesel engine on a ship with that heat flowing into the metal piercing...) and are correctly banned.

Native or female service members are not magically immune to disease, chemical weapons or high velocity metal fragments, so allowing deviation from dress and deportment standards evolved to protect soldiers and armies does not help them in any way, but simply places them (and us) in danger.

To be respectful of our service member's cultures can be done in ways that are compatable with operational effectiveness (a wider selection of faiths in the Chaplain's branch, CF websites devoted to how black/women/Sihk/gay/native/ukranian/etc. contributed in the past, or other ideas I havn't thought of), and which don't discriminate against anyone.

Thucydides said:
Native or female service members are not magically immune to disease, chemical weapons or high velocity metal fragments, so allowing deviation from dress and deportment standards evolved to protect soldiers and armies does not help them in any way, but simply places them (and us) in danger.

I am curious as to how someone's long hair would place all of us in danger? There are strict regulations in place as to how their hair must be.
I don't have long hair, but I fail to see how "jane's" long hair in a tight bun or braids will put any of us at risk.

Springroll said:
I am curious as to how someone's long hair would place all of us in danger? There are strict regulations in place as to how their hair must be.
I don't have long hair, but I fail to see how "jane's" long hair in a tight bun or braids will put any of us at risk.

Wet hair held up in a tight bun or french braid all day can get pretty rank pretty quick.  Ask anyone who worked on ship prior to our being allowed to wear our hair down (albeit in a braid).  Bugs, sand, and any manner of things can get caught up in there and cause a few issues.

Springroll said:
It probably doesn't, but that's not the point (I think).  The point is that while "jane's" long hair is not an issue, "john" cannot have long hair, unless he is a member of a certain race.  Of course, this is counter to the Charter, specifically article 15:
  15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
Just sayin', is all.

Thucydides said:
Perhaps the State will start scooping up children who are home schooled because the parents are not certified teachers (an implied outcome of a recent California court case)?

Often home schoolers are threatened with this by School Boards and Child Protective Services.  That is why more and more home schoolers are not even notifying the schools that they are homeschooling.

Back