• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why do they code everytihng with the letter "c"??

• Thread starter Thread starter matt22
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have we heard this before?
;D
If I had a shinny dollar for everytime someone has had their evil room mate leave naughty messages in their name...

Glad you got a hold of your roomate oakley before he dug your good name too deep a hole. Newer troops often find out, sometimes the hard way, the Canadian Army is a lot smaller than they think and indiscretion on line can lead to hot water in real life.
Cheers

The thing with airport codes and civ aircraft registration are assigned by region / type. Therefore it makes sense that canadian airports and airplane registrations start with a C, to distinguish them from those registered in other regions (US or otherwise).

oakley said:
Wow, I am definitly embarassed by this. I just walked in on my roomate typing a message in this forum and I am appalled at what he has written in this discussion topic over the past few days. I hope that I have no offended anyone with what he has said, and I want everyone to know that I do not hold the cadets in any way in a bad standing in my mind, so i am very sorry about this.

*adds another tick to the tally*

Quote from oakley:

" I hope that I have no offended anyone with what he has said"

Bit of a Freudian slip?   Kinda like:

"Please excuse Johnny from school today"
  signed
  Johnny's Dad

Sorry, I'm not buying it. Intelligent people use passwords and lockout when away from their computer.

But there's always the chance to redeem yourself oakley. Fly right and stay in your lanes. Oh, and change your passwords.

This has nothing to with the forum, but, Mr. Recceguy, I love your signature. Almost always applicable, anywhere, anytime.

Posthumane said:
The thing with airport codes and civ aircraft registration are assigned by region / type. Therefore it makes sense that canadian airports and airplane registrations start with a C, to distinguish them from those registered in other regions (US or otherwise).

Uhmm... most Canadian city airport codes start with Y, not C.

YYC - Calgary
YYZ - Toronto
YUL - Montreal
YOW - Ottawa
YVR - Vancouver
YHZ - Halifax

That's shortform, it's actually CYOW for Ottawa, CYYC for Calgary, CYUL for Montreal, etc....

Eowyn said:
Uhmm... most Canadian city airport codes start with Y, not C.

YYC - Calgary
YYZ - Toronto
YUL - Montreal
YOW - Ottawa
YVR - Vancouver
YHZ - Halifax

Actually, airports are listed as four letter identifiers starting with a "C" in Canada. NavAids like VORs and some NDBs are listed as three letter identifiers, most NDBs are one or two letter identifiers. Calgary airport is CYYC, Calgary VOR is YYC, and Calgary NDB is YC.

Actually it is "C"  and for CANADA

"c" just does not quite have the same form as "C"

oakley said:
Wow, I am definitly embarassed by this. I just walked in on my roomate typing a message in this forum and I am appalled at what he has written in this discussion topic over the past few days. I hope that I have no offended anyone with what he has said, and I want everyone to know that I do not hold the cadets in any way in a bad standing in my mind, so i am very sorry about this.

Yes 99 it's the old "my roomate/little brother/evil space aliens from Planet Zoran snuck into my room and logged on to my computer to start flame wars on army.ca while I wasn't looking trick."

Don Adams as Agent 86 Maxwell Smart.

C- Canada
L- United Kingdom
F- Australia
M- United States

It's not always universal, for example the US Navy still uses Mk for some items.  Maybe the Royal Navy does as well.

Maybe, just maybe, it's an ABCA agreement thing...

Oh, Israel also uses M, as in Cart 105mm Tank M111 APFSDS-T.  I'm sure there are other countries that use similiar equipment designations.

oakley, previously "Matt22", is a pte(b) in an Ottawa area reserve Infantry unit. (He is not a Cameron Highlander. I'll leave it at that) He's been in the forces less then a year. He once (one month ago) claimed to be a reg force MCpl in his profile and sent me PMs calling me a "dumbass private".

Pay no heed to him.

Is that what you call being "OUTED!!!"   :o Thanks Kells. :salute: We've had our eye on him. Nice getting our suspicions confirmed from outside sources.

I am an evil space alien from Zoran and I am here to say that somebody else's roomate is writing this  :dontpanic: Greetings Earthlings.

I see Gustav Gone For Good is setting another sterling example  ;D

Thanks Inch and Condor for the clarification.  The information I have was from the travel industry on civie side.

Hi...this is the highly intelligent dog of Burrows from the Directing staff.  I have recently been in conference with the house keeper who logged onto a CIC officers account while watching his house and the Evil Space aliens who took over Island Rhynos computer.  All your flame wars will belong to us.  All your posts r belong to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back