• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why do we Run ??

Hello,

Maybe you can tell me a little bit about your hand to hand training? Like what you mean by hand to hand eh?

From Gomerpyle

hand-to-hand
adjective
involving bodily contact: taking place at close quarters and involving bodily contact

combat
noun
1. fighting: fighting between groups or individuals, especially between armies
2. fight or struggle: a struggle between opposing individuals or forces

hand-to-hand combat:
noun
1. fighting between groups or individuals involving bodily contact
2. fight or struggle between opposing individuals or forces taking place at close quarters and involving bodily contact

fisticuffs
plural noun
fighting with fists: fighting using the fists ( archaic or humorous )
;)

poko said:
I can say i been in for 4 year and in that time the only PT we have done was running, ruck march, and circuit trainning. Nice and all but why does the canadien force does not make Self defance/ hand to hand combat   part of the regular PT.   What i get from this is that if there ever a enemy that want to fight with me i was not train to fight but to run away.    ???

NICE,

I agree. This country is being run by a bunch of greedy crooks and now they have full exsposure,YEAA . With there heads up there you know what!But base london used to be well a equip, ie: swimmning pool, circuit training area ,out door range, nice. Till they move the RCR to northen ontario Grrrrr....... You should joined the police force they treat there men better.

GOMERPYLE said:
NICE,

I agree. This country is being run by a bunch of greedy crooks and now they have full exsposure,YEAA . With there heads up there you know what!But base london used to be well a equip, ie: swimmning pool, circuit training area ,out door range, nice. Till they move the RCR to northen ontario Grrrrr....... You should joined the police force they treat there men better.

Dude, what on earth are you talking about?  Greedy cooks with full exposure to London to the police force?  Maybe you could rephrase just a bit.

Sometimes I swear to god, there are people from another planet posting on this forum. Anyhow, in regards to hand to hand etc, it's a very, very good workout but it can in no way replace running, nothing replaces running. I think some sort of hand to hand should be mandatory in the forces, that's forces wide, everyone gets a basic Krav Maga say that they do 2 times a week. The combat arms folks do it 3 times a week and incorporate Krav Maga, Combat Sambo, Judo etc. There is definetly a need for unarmed combat training, I would much prefer to shoot a guy a couple of hundred yards away. Put in the situation where I had to fight, I'm glad that I personally know how to handle myself, and I'm sure most guys would be. Alas it is sure to be foiled by logistics.  8)

About hand to hand....

Back in 1998 not long after I was posted into my last unit (RAA), the RSM had organised PT one morning, which consisted of a 1/2 hour run followed by circuit trg, and one of the circuits was boxing, WITHOUT gloves, and was full on. After just one of the RSM's sessions my knuckles were bleeding, and not from a punching bag, but a 110kg barking monster of an RSM. I wondered what I had got myself into.

Wes

Wouldn't some sort of basic hand to hand training come in handy during FIBUA training - or whatever they call it now. I would think that this type of warfare has brought the trenches even closer to the soldier.

A British study done in the 80's proved that people who ran and had good cardio vascular training and were physically fit. They were less likely to get hurt at work and were less likely to become ill. As well it proved that people who did fall ill or were injured were more likely to recover faster than those who did not keep in shape.

Running is good. It helps run off that extra large double double that you drink each and every day. That is one of the many reasons why we run.

A British study done in the 80's proved that people who ran and had good cardio vascular training and were physically fit. They were less likely to get hurt at work and were less likely to become ill. As well it proved that people who did fall ill or were injured were more likely to recover faster than those who did not keep in shape.

Running is good. It helps run off that extra large double double that you drink each and every day. That is one of the many reasons why we run.

I think running has helped me get in better shape, plus in some ways it makes you feel re-energized afterwards. But one thing that constantly pisses me off is people who complain about doing any physical activity, I use to be a police cadet, and any time we had to do 20 pushups, 20 situps, or even a short run their would be people complaining all the time. If you don't like physical fitness why are you even interested in a job were alot of the training is physical fitness training. If you don't like physical exercise once in a while, then forget about getting any job in either LE, Fire, or the Military.

Just had to have a little bit of a rant.

Why do we run?

Some Roman guy named Vegetius said something like,
"What can one do, he who arrives to battle out of breath"

One of my instructors once said " We run, do ruck marches and webbing marches so that each individual soldier maintains a high level of physical fitness so that when the time comes he can perform to the best of his physical capacity on the battlefield"

RoyalHighlandFusilier said:
Why do we run?

Some Roman guy named Vegetius said something like,
"What can one do, he who arrives to battle out of breath"

Ive heard that saying before, and i agreed to it, now who said that thing about if we actually shoot our rifle we end up in shackles? can you please elaborate on that, were you referring to the situation (a little dispute and you shoot) or are you talking about shooting in general.?

Back