• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why is there no badge for EOD Basic crse

FEEOP042

Inactive
Reaction score
It is funny that there is a basic jump crse wings and a hard para wings. There should be an EOD basic badge and a advance EOD badge. What is your view on this?

Chimo

What about advanced gunner etc.
Everyone likes bells and whistles,but lets face it there are many advanced courses out there.What about when cooks get their red seal etc?

FEEOP042 said:
It is funny that there is a basic jump crse wings and a hard para wings. There should be an EOD basic badge and a advance EOD badge. What is your view on this?
The basic course qualifies someone to assist CMD ops or to operate the robot for an HC operator.  I don’t think the hazard warrants the badge, or we may aswell hand out a skill hazard badge for every sapper that completes his QL3 MWD package.

FEEOP042 said:

Chimo
Er we are Canadian not Merican,yet amongst us it is known.

I guess in the future I'll have to pitch them lower and slower over the plate!

SprCForr said:
I guess in the future I'll have to pitch them lower and slower over the plate!

Should have used a picture, worth a thousand words:

My wife says she likes the engineer eod badge better....looks prettier than the ammo tech one :p :salute:

Yes this is what I mean have this one and there should be a basic badge just like the Jump wings.

There is one, you just need to complete two "H" crs. Wether it's HA and HB or HA and HC. CMD  doesn't count since it's a crs run only by us. The HA (eod basic) can be attended by: engineers, avion tech.and is mandatory for clearance diver and of course ammo tech. EOD basic is from my point of view simply an introduction and is gonna be "re-shape" . Hint..when was the last HA crs run... and when is the next one...  ::)

Have a nice day all !
Chimo !!

Cbt Engr cannot attend the HA because there is a near equivalency given for training on the Section Member & Section 2ic courses.

Just to clarify on Etienne's post.  The badge shown in FEEOPS post is the Advanced EOD qualification badge, if you hold a H qualification other than Basic EOD (HA), All Arms Demo (HE), Basic Explosive Safety (HR), Maritime Explosive Safety (H?), and some other non-EOD H courses you can put it up.  Given the training that Cbt Engineers recieve nowadays, as MCG indicated, your trade badge should be enough to indicate a basic knowledge of EOD.

D

PS- I know that they are no longer "H" courses...

With in our system H.A. was and still is depending on which part of our service you are in is a basic E.O.D. ticket.
Our fellow NATO allies have no such thing,once you go on course you go from HA to H ?
We are the only country to seperate the course's much to our detriment.
Just m.o.i.

Earl,

I may be misreading your first two sentences, but I think your trying to say that we are the only country to run a basic and advanced EOD course.
We aren't the only country to seperate it.  The US run it as one big course, yes, but there are still more advanced courses afterwards they can take.
The Royal Engineers have Basic and Advanced BDO courses (roughly the same as HA/HF)
The Dutch take an EOD course and continue to go on new domestic courses and international ones, including HB/HF/HL.

D

Back