• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wife is going DEO PAFFO, What can she expect?

BigDaddyFatback

Inactive
Reaction score
Any PAFFO's out there hopefully can shed some light on this. I am at a unit where I usually deploy at least once a year overseas. My wife is joining as a DEO Paffo. As far as training and timelines the recruiter was a bit vague (We have three children and I cannot go out the door if she is training). If anyone has gone down this road recently, any info, as to how long training will be and where would be appreciated.

Fatback

Just send an email/phone call to the PAO cell on your local base and ask to talk with one of their staff, I'm sure they would be more than happy to give you pointers...

BigDaddyFatback said:
Any PAFFO's out there hopefully can shed some light on this. I am at a unit where I usually deploy at least once a year overseas. My wife is joining as a DEO Paffo. As far as training and timelines the recruiter was a bit vague (We have three children and I cannot go out the door if she is training). If anyone has gone down this road recently, any info, as to how long training will be and where would be appreciated.

Fatback

Well, once she's in -- then you'll both have to have those "manadatory" emergency childcare plans on your pers file that detail what your family will do in such a case.  May as well figure out now who you're going to list as your emergency childcare providers for situations such as you've outlined above. Hundreds of other service couples already have.

Back