• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will there be moments during BMQ...

Pte Hopkins said:
I myself am just getting into the process...Should be taking BMQ this summer...

My motivation is the experience...I'm joining the Reserve short term for a year then switching to Reg Force...I'll be applying to go overseas and peacekeep places that need some peacekeeping.

The only worries I have is:

I'm 16...Probably will get taunted.

:threat:

Dont join the army expcting to "peacekeep". You are joining an organisation that is intended to fight and win wars - period. 

Numerous times ive questioned what I was doing; morally and in terms of my own life... but eventually i come to my senses and I call it a moment of weakness.
Its what I was born to do.... it sounds stupid, but so far, its the only thing I can see myself doing, and the only job I feel comfortable doing... like im at home.

Do whats right for you.

davidk said:
Having just finished my BMQ course, I can tell you that your age doesn't matter. It's how mature you are on the inside, and how much determination you show in what you do. If you can manage that, you ensure that people respect you instead of taunt you.

(Though everyone gets taunted for something at one point or another. Don't worry about it.)
Hold on..."mature"?  ??? I was unaware that you were supposed to be mature.

This thread is turning out to be a gigantic hugfest.....

tea anyone ?

Rubes said:
...where I will just feel like quitting, or think "What am I doing here?"   I am not going to quit, as it is my dream to serve, but I'd like to know if this would be a normal feeling for someone going through basic training.   Thanks.

wait until you fail I PO test then you will feel like quiting

Pte. Gaisford said:
Hold on..."mature"?   ??? I was unaware that you were supposed to be mature.

Maturity means being able to keep from laughing when someone's C7 handguards fall off during parade. It's not a necessity, but it sure is helpful.

that would just suck...or your cell phone starts ringing right when the Warant is in front of you for inspection

McGowan said:
that would just suck...or your cell phone starts ringing right when the Warant is in front of you for inspection

Was that in your wet suit ??  

BTW, you quoted JFK wrong in your profile

davidk said:
Maturity means being able to keep from laughing when someone's C7 handguards fall off during parade. It's not a necessity, but it sure is helpful.
More often than not it was my handgaurd.

Back