• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will this/that/those/whatever affect my Application threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sig_Des

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
OK..Is it just me, or are people going crazy on these threads where the answer is always the same?

ASK YOUR RECRUITER!

"Will this medical problem I had affect my?"

People here aren't mindreaders. We don't know your entire medical history. I don't know that you cut your thumb to the bone when you were 12, had a blister on the big toe of your left foot when 14, and what the chances of the fact that you had to take 3 Advil will affect your medical portion.

Do you think you know something about yourself that may come up and affect your application?

ASK YOUR RECRUITER!

Hey, what's taking so long?

ASK YOUR RECRUITER!

These people are not there to try to keep you out. They are not roadblocks set up by the CF to slow down your application process. They are not out to GET you, and keep you out. They are there to help you. Sometimes your problems keep you from getting in. Sometimes something you thought was a problem, isn't really.

But you won't know, unless you:

ASK YOUR RECRUITER!

I'm not saying you shouldn't be asking questions about the recruiting process here (although most have probably been answered). But anything specific to you, that you think may negatively affect your application, well, ask the staff that are helping you.

We do not handle your file, and anything that you read here is not official and will have no bearing on your application.

I could tell you that no, the medical condition where you empty your bowels every 30 seconds won't affect your application negatively at all. But I don't really know. You'd have to...yup...ask your recruiter.

Although I myself am/have been at fault for asking those type of questions,

+1 Sig,

As well, now that I have been here for albeit a short length of time, Please utilize the search function. I have learned that 90% of any questions I could possible think of.. have been asked/answered before.

Thanks Sig Des.

Unfortunately, this one will also get lost in the sands of time.

We post this, or similar, on a regular basis. Too bad no one reads them.

No one's fault, or for lack of trying.

Cheers,

Milnet.ca Staff

recceguy said:
Thanks Sig Des.

Unfortunately, this one will also get lost in the sands of time.

We post this, or similar, on a regular basis. Too bad no one reads them.

No one's fault, or for lack of trying.

Cheers,

Milnet.ca Staff

Indeed.

This goes along with the countless "Use the search feature" and "welcome to/start reading" threads...  No one seems to read them.

Even if this was made a "sticky" it still wouldn't be read... as there are 11 other "sticky" threads under Recruiting, 2 of which directly/indirectly deal with this same exact topic;
Do YOU Wonder why we have 117 Plus Pages Here ?
PLEASE READ FIRST AND BEFORE STARTING A

But, good post none the less.

Perhaps, when a new member registers, a "welcome to / here's the rules" e-mail should accompany their verification e-mail... maybe that would get the point across.

Meh... maybe I'm just dreaming in technicolour.  There will always be posts asking for information no one on the internet should/could provide.

RHFC_piper said:
Perhaps, when a new member registers, a "welcome to / here's the rules" e-mail should accompany their verification e-mail... maybe that would get the point across.

Meh... maybe I'm just dreaming in technicolour.  There will always be posts asking for information no one on the internet should/could provide.

I do believe Mike has followed up on that suggestion from the Staff, a few eons ago, but the common factor as already mentioned:  People DON"T READ.  Perhaps they think that they are like Jerry's Kids and so special that only they have a question that is so original it has never been asked.  Then of course all the usual responses start to appear and they are eventually ridiculed and begin posting about their sensibilites being hurt. 

How many times have 'you' been tempted to post: "Suck it up, Buttercup!" in a day?

I'm just curious what sort of disclaimers or otherwise that new members are shown when registering for the site. Is there a very clear and unequivocal variant of this post that a new user must click "I Agree" or "I Have Read and Understand the Above Statement" before their registration is finalised?

Yes, but like the software agreement you click 'agree' to, every time you install something on your computer, no one reads it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back