• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WO Wilson, Cpl. McLaren, Pte. Diplaros - 1 RCR - 05 Dec. 2008

Bruce Monkhouse

Pinball Dude
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
CTV Newsnet just announced 3 deaths in Afghanistan.

A news conference will be called this afternoon.

There will be no speculation until the facts are known

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/12/05/afghan-soldiers.html

3 soldiers' deaths in Afghanistan push Canada's toll past 100
Last Updated: Friday, December 5, 2008 | 12:05 PM ET Comments0Recommend0
CBC News

Canadian forces stationed in Afghanistan passed a grim milestone Friday after three soldiers were killed: more than 100 Canadians have now died while serving in the war-torn country.

Prior to Friday's attacks, 97 Canadian soldiers and one Canadian diplomat, Glyn Berry, had been killed in the country.

The soldiers were killed by improvised explosive devices, more commonly known as roadside bombs, the military said.

There are currently about 2,500 Canadian soldiers serving in Afghanistan, largely in the volatile Kandahar province. They were first deployed to Afghanistan in 2002.

They are part of a NATO-commanded international force — dubbed the International Security Assistance Force — that numbers 50,700 and counts among its ranks soldiers from the United States, Britain, France and Germany.

More to come

Crappy, crappy, crappy, news. I hope the news report is in error.

My condolonces to the family and friends of the fallen.  RIP

RIP Brothers,

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

My deepest Sympathies. I found out a couple of hours ago as one of our medics knows one of the soldiers.

We will be showing our respects along the Highway of Heroes once again............. :salute:

A somber day indeed. Condolences to the families and the regiment(s) of the fallen.

Thoughts and prayers with our fallen, their loved ones, and their regiments.   :salute:

RIP soldiers.  My condolences to their respective families.  :salute:

Very sad news.  Breaks my heart.
Thank you to the brave soldiers for your sacrifice and dedication.  You will not be forgotten.

My prayers are with the fallen, their brothers in arms and the families of all involved.  May you all be able to find peace.

:cdn: :cdn:

100 dead: We can’t quit

"The 100th Canadian killed is a landmark, and a reason to neither flag nor quit. We support our casualties by supporting their cause — and giving soldiers the tools to finish the job."

Truly devastating news. To all that are hurting as a result of this sad event, my deepest sympathy.

Back