• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Woman accused of using child as a weapon on TTC streetcar

211RadOp

Reaction score
This takes the cake.  Some people should not be parents.

From Tuesday's Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1016422--woman-accused-of-using-child-as-a-weapon-on-ttc-streetcar?bn=1

Sarah Ratchford
Staff Reporter

Police are looking for a woman accused of beating a fellow TTC passenger, using a child as a weapon.

Police said the woman boarded the streetcar last Friday around 5 p.m. with the child in a stroller and got into an altercation with another passenger. The woman picked up the child and started hitting the other passenger with the child, police said.

When other passengers intervened, the woman pulled one of them by the hair, police said.

The incident occurred after the woman boarded the streetcar at Dundas St. E. and Parliament St. Police received the call when the streetcar was near Broadview.

The woman got off the streetcar with the child before police arrived.

She is described as being around 30 years old with olive skin, between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-6, and between 130 and 155 pounds. She has long, straight dark hair past her shoulders, and was wearing a peach button-down shirt with long sleeves, khaki skirt and black shoes.

I'm speechless. I told my wife and she was in disbelief (after claiming that a toddler is not an effective weapon).

I just can't wrap my head around people like this. People that raise their kids the same as a dog breeder raises a pup or people that treat their kids as household plants - watering and feeding as needed.

She is described as being around 30 years old with olive skin, between 5-foot-3 and 5-foot-6, and between 130 and 155 pounds. She has long, straight dark hair past her shoulders, and was wearing a peach button-down shirt with long sleeves, khaki skirt and black shoes.

Maybe they should check the G20 tapes....sounds like it might be one of them.....

kawa11 said:
People that raise their kids the same as a dog breeder raises a pup or people that treat their kids as household plants - watering and feeding as needed.

Highlight mine.
Sometimes, not even bothering to do that.

Edit to add photo from original post.

WTF?  One really can't make this stuff up, can one?

Seriously?!, peach over khaki?!

211RadOp said:

Yup, that'll really narrow it down for the TPD. Can't be many like that around, especially in Toronto ::)

CBC updated that they have identified the woman. However, they are not releasing her name until they speak with her.

This is truly sickening. Get this kid into protection and lock this woman up for child abuse. Obviously, if she used her child as a weapon, she is not fit to be a parent and this child is in danger.

Me thinks there are other issues at play here...like her brain chemistry (or lack thereof).  She should be formed for a few days for some psych evaluations.

MM

We only have one side of the story here people. As always, please put the ropes and rocks away, quit assigning guilt and wait until the whole thing unfolds before jumping to conclusions.

If it was a soldier in trouble, you'd be bitching that the paper had it wrong and was biased. Give it a rest until the facts are in.

Milnet.ca Staff

211RadOp said:
This takes the cake.  Some people should not be parents.

From Tuesday's Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1016422--woman-accused-of-using-child-as-a-weapon-on-ttc-streetcar?bn=1

Sarah Ratchford
Staff Reporter

Police are looking for a woman accused of beating a fellow TTC passenger, using a child as a weapon.

Police said the woman boarded the streetcar last Friday around 5 p.m. with the child in a stroller and got into an altercation with another passenger. The woman picked up the child and started hitting the other passenger with the child, police said.

When other passengers intervened, the woman pulled one of them by the hair, police said.

The incident occurred after the woman boarded the streetcar at Dundas St. E. and Parliament St. Police received the call when the streetcar was near Broadview.

The woman got off the streetcar with the child before police arrived.

Unbelievable

When I was born (back in New Jersey) a woman and child in their car were jacked. The jacker let the kid go at his daycare and drove off with his mother, the kid was found hiding in the bushes at the daycare the next day. The mother had been raped and murdered, and the car burned.

Anyway my mother was a little tense, and on the way home she found the apartment door open. Fearing that the rapist/killer was inside she looked for weapons she could use if he came after her, and for a moment considered swinging me around by the leg.

"What the hell am I doing?! He's a baby!". So instead she called the NJPD who tracked dog poop all through the house and didn't let us in until they had cleaned it all up.

I miss the 90's. ;D

Not unprecedented.  People use kids as weapons every day in family court rooms all over Canada.

Kat Stevens said:
Not unprecedented.  People use kids as weapons every day in family court rooms all over Canada.
Well put.

I don't want to jump to conclusions - but it's gonna take a helluva story to turn this one around..

"The woman, who is not being named to protect the identity of the child, has been charged with assault with a weapon, along with two other counts of assault. She turned herself in to police Thursday.":
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/1018064--woman-accused-of-beating-ttc-passenger-with-child-charged

Back