• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Women's Attire in the CF

Hot Lips

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if as a woman in the CF, do I have to wear a dress or skirt and hideous heels at any point in time...ie dress uniforms?
Cause I have no desire to do so...hoping there is an option to wear pants.

Thanks
HL

Dress, no. Heels, no. Skirt, maybe. I know you get it issued to you as part of your DEUs, 1 skirt and 1 pair of pants, as opposed to males who get 2 pair of pants. I've seen pers. wearing it at mess dinners but I also saw female pers. wearing pants at the same mess dinner.

Don't take my word for it..

Armymedic said:
You'll wear what your told to.

I think the question is along the lines of whether or not she's going to be told to wear a skirt.

As opposed to stating the obvious (you will wear what you are told)...cause I think you prolly already figured THAT much out... ::)

As far as I know, the option for females when in DEUs is the skirt or pants...having said that, I will go to the Dress Manual tomorrow and get the goods on the orders of dress for females.  When in doubt, check the good book.

;D

It may be pers pref. At the mess dinners i've been to, all but one female wore the pants. I'd ask higher or consault the manual. I don't really see the difference.

Some people can't take a joke... :clown:

For medical people it is different, depending on where you work.
Mess dress for female members of  CFMG is a skirt.

As for DEU, if you're working in it, then usually you will have the choice....unless your SNO or Hosp WO says otherwise. For Parades, you will wear pants. If you are spectating, the norm is to wear skirts. As above, you will be issued 1 and 1, but you may purchase a couple more pairs of pants if you work in DEUs.

Working dress (CADPAT, Navy Cbts, Air Force Blues) for everyone is pants. I do not believe they issue Hospital whites with skirts anymore.

So what you are saying is I should buy shares in a pantyhose company...cause I rip a pair as soon as they are on...damn I wanted all pants...lmao...but hey nurses usually do what they are told anyway (maybe  :p)

I really hope this thread is a joke. If it's not, it concerns me deeply that anyone considering a career in the CF would even bother worrying about something this trivial.

You will wear issued kit, most of which will probably never fit you properly anyways. I have yet to wear a skirt but if the dress of the day says wear it, I will.

Prepare to hear this in your CF career: Suck it up Princess!

Hot Lips said:
So what you are saying is I should buy shares in a pantyhose company...cause I rip a pair as soon as they are on...

If you buy a good pair of them, they shouldn't rip that easily.
If it doesn't matter which ones you put on, then buy the walmart special. 3 Pairs in one package for $4...and definitely get some clear nail polish to stop any potential runs from happening...lol

As for having to wear skirts, I have no clue if we would have to or not, and personally it doesn't both me. I do prefer pants, though.

lol, years of experience at the clear nail polish applications...lol

And I too would not be bothered by a skirt...just curious if there is a choice.

Oh and that brings me to another query...underclothing...is it issued...cause I am partial to the olive green "gitch" my better half wears

Cheers
HL

The Skirt for DEUs is no longer issued. If members want, they can purchase the skirt. "It's no longer a question of will I have to wear the skirt?", but more of, "will I be allowed to?"

Hot Lips said:
Oh and that brings me to another query...underclothing...is it issued...cause I am partial to the olive green "gitch" my better half wears

The drawers are issued (you get five). It is the same design for women and men.
The brassieres are not issued, you have to buy your own. You will be reimbursed for the purchase of 4 per year, up to $160. This doubles (8, up to $320) if you are going overseas.

Clothe the Soldier:
http://www.army.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/2/25_e.asp

yup.... olive boxers are "unisex"....
you'll have to figure out a way of distinguishing your boxers from his :)

Well he and I are totally different in size, lmao...he is 250lbs 6'0" and I am 155lbs 5'8"so...that might keep them separated, lmao

And do we get them on basic?  ;D

HL

all part of the "clothe the soldier" kit - so yeah - probably....

geo said:
yup.... olive boxers are "unisex"....
you'll have to figure out a way of distinguishing your boxers from his :)

Shouldn't be a problem.  Each of you will, of course, have labelled your kit with last three and surname - I presume your last three are different than his?

Back