• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WoT or World of Tanks

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
;D

Altair said:
Speaking of WOT, is there no thread on that? I would have imagined there is a bigger player base on that game than WoWS that only recently came out.

Answer to that one, is that several, or more, members are playing WoT and have communicated via PM, rather than via a Thread.......So here goes.

;D

I play occasionally, but haven't recently. My handle is JWalt.

I play every other day.

Have tanks up to tier 8.

In garage currently

T1 FT17

T3 somua s35

T4 B1 bis SARL 42

T5 BDR G1B, G1R, Ram ll

T6 ARL 44, amx 12th

T7 Amx 13 75

T8 AMX 50 100

I play the XBox version off and on, prefer arty and td.  Always fun to listen to others complain how much they hate arty and then a second later begging for help.

Highest in each category are:

Level 9 Arty - GW Tiger
Level 8 TD - JagdPanther and AT15 (until I get enough to buy next level)
Level 9 Heavy - IS-8
Level 5 Medium - M7, Ram, Chi-Nu
Level 6 Light - T21

I play most days; keep an eye out for Dinsdalepiranha.

And I do rage . . . occasionally.

Ha, a WoT thread. Saw this from WoS. haven't played WoS, but in WoT I pretty much have every tank, and been in the best NA clan until I stopped playing sometimes at the beginning of the year (-G-). I also have about 350.000 gold in the account from all the tourneys I have done
Will search you guys out when I feel like starting again.

Messerschmitt said:
Ha, a WoT thread. Saw this from WoS. haven't played WoS, but in WoT I pretty much have every tank, and been in the best NA clan until I stopped playing sometimes at the beginning of the year (-G-). I also have about 350.000 gold in the account from all the tourneys I have done
Will search you guys out when I feel like starting again.

"Search us out" or "Hunt us down"???

:whiteflag:

Have a feeling it might be both.

I have...6 gold.

I've been playing for 4 years...I have a selection of tanks, my preference is the Arty lines.

I've got the T-92, and the BC-155/58 as Tier 10 Arty, with a smattering of other tanks too.

I have over 250 tanks and have been playing for five years or so.  The amount of complete morons flooding the game, and WG refusal to seriously make MM more even is really turning me off the game.  This morning 8 matches with 6 being under 40% chance to win really sucks.  Having top tier players all on one team and "Tomatoes" and "Pumpkins" on the other team really doesn't make for good game play.  Although, stats really do lie in WoT.  I have seen so many really bad players from clans like Relic, Otter other top Tier clans.  I guess their good stats come from somewhere other than Pubs.  I, and many others, have found that if you have members from one of the SA clans on your team, they will more often than not lead to DEFEAT very quickly.

:camo:

OH!  YES!......If you haven't logged on yet, it is a X3 weekend and the morons are out in full force.  ;D

[Edited sentence for clarification..... ;D ]

George, never trust someone's WN8 at face value. Very easy to pad it by playing certain tanks (e25, tier 10 ru meds) for a high percentage of battles, but be awful in a heavy tank.

PuckChaser said:
George, never trust someone's WN8 at face value. Very easy to pad it by playing certain tanks (e25, tier 10 ru meds) for a high percentage of battles, but be awful in a heavy tank.

Oh how I know this.  I saw one guy with something like 32K games and a "Purple" player in a Tier V match.  We loss.  I looked at his stats afterward, around 21K games in one Tier 3 tank, around 10K in another Tier 3 tank, and no tanks above Tier 5.  Of course, you don't find that out at the start of the match.  ;D

Yeah, that's why I don't have XVM anymore. I like to pretend 99% of people in WoT aren't really as terrible as they are.

NavyShooter said:
I've been playing for 4 years...I have a selection of tanks, my preference is the Arty lines.

I've got the T-92, and the BC-155/58 as Tier 10 Arty, with a smattering of other tanks too.

Oh yes, the sky cancer. I have some funny gifs with those.

As a player if lightly armored french heavy tanks, I can honestly say arty is the Bain of my existence.

Click battle

Wait for countdown

2 minutes into match.

Garage after arty 1 shots me.

That said, the amx 50 100 is great for late game arty hunts.

Altair said:
As a player if lightly armored french heavy tanks, I can honestly say arty is the Bain of my existence.

Nothing like getting focused cause of my Wn8 and clan tag lol.

Nobody would mind XVM as much if arty wasn't so game-breaking. Alpha creep really wrecked a lot of the gameplay.

I've been playing for awhile now (over 6,000 games) and I find I play in fits and starts. I'm a big fan of the German heavy line and the Soviet tanks but, like everyone else, hate the arty. Hard for me to say that... I'm Herpeseus in game.

Got 24K games in. Still enjoy it.

Rocking the 7/54 ranked battles.

Back