• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WoT or World of Tanks

I've been playing the mobile version, and it seems like quite a bit of fun. Have any of you heard of the new tank MMO game "Armored Warfare"? It has the same mechanics of WoT but with modern day armour and artillery.

LOL

by the posts it is obvious that most here don't like me in WOT as I mostly use arty.  Really is satisfying to see a gang up on one of your team mates suddenly fall apart as you reach out and destroy the enemy.

gotta say though one of my favourite matches was one in which my teammate spent the entire game ranting how useless I was while crying for me to save him.  He even thanked another guy for saving him when I destroyed the tank kicking his butt.  I was top player in the match, had 5 kills including 2 that was slamming him and he was at the bottom for the team with barely any damage caused.

Challenging is resorting to using your arty as TD cause no one stuck around to protect you.  My best is 3 kills.  You have to aim totally on your own, no aim assist.

arty is a lot harder than it looks. Part of the problem is that people use the same spots and you can literally drop one there with a reasonable chance of hitting something. Mind you WOT maps are such that you have very limited options, generally 3 routes to take or defend. Limited areas with cover or concealment, so it's not hard for arty to zero in on the single bush on a ridgeline that a scout would use.

CountDC said:
LOL

by the posts it is obvious that most here don't like me in WOT as I mostly use arty.  Really is satisfying to see a gang up on one of your team mates suddenly fall apart as you reach out and destroy the enemy.

gotta say though one of my favourite matches was one in which my teammate spent the entire game ranting how useless I was while crying for me to save him.  He even thanked another guy for saving him when I destroyed the tank kicking his butt.  I was top player in the match, had 5 kills including 2 that was slamming him and he was at the bottom for the team with barely any damage caused.

Challenging is resorting to using your arty as TD cause no one stuck around to protect you.  My best is 3 kills.  You have to aim totally on your own, no aim assist.
Let me be perfectly clear.

I only hate the red teams arty  :nod:

2 weeks off.  Should get some time in tanks again.  :christmas happy:

Definitely should.

I've been getting a fair deal of destruction myself. Just beware of the hordes of Czech tanks.

Play a T1 Cunningham and hope you get a tier 1 battle against all the Czech tanks. It's not even fair for them.

I was playing my amx 40 to get some Lt tank missions done noticed none of the Czech tanks could pen me.

They definitely get more deadly around tier 7 and 8 though.

The only Czech tanks worth it are the Tier 9 maybe 10. The rest of the line with the exception of maybe the tier 6 autoloader are meh at best. Currently grinding out Rampage for the T-22 and over halfway there.

Tier 10 is going to be an alternative to the BC 25t when camo isn't a factor. The tier 9 is also incredibly deadly, with some of the best players pulling 8.5k damage in games with it.

Actually the 9 is seeing more use in WGLNA esports league. Brining two is basically the same as a BC and gives you the flexibility to bring a more armoured heavy.

Apparently players on the RU and EU servers tried gaming the system a bit hard to get a free tank and now WG is banning and hauling back the freebie and naming names.

That was for the T-22, and it wasn't just those servers, lots of bans on NA too. I'm not sure what WG expected, the missions were almost impossible to complete without rigging before they were changed.

PuckChaser said:
That was for the T-22, and it wasn't just those servers, lots of bans on NA too. I'm not sure what WG expected, the missions were almost impossible to complete without rigging before they were changed.

Not really that many bans on NA. A few unlucky guys who got caught with replay evidence got 10 day temp bans but got to keep the tank.

As for the T22, its over hyped. Its really long which causes problems and gets ammo racked worse then the AX or 7/1. The speed is nice and the armour is decent when you do the Soviet face hug but the video makes it out to be something much better then it is.

Soviet Tier 10's are ranked 907>62a>T22>140>430 The 907 is far more OP then the T22

WG gives away really poor Premium tanks.  Most of them are crap, when you look at them. 

907 has a glass ammo rack. There's a reason the T-22 is being used over every other Soviet medium in WGLNA, and that's the ability to bounce shots.

None of the tanks are OP, rather they have various benefits that fit certain situations.

As for the rigging, those that got temp bans, lost the tank and had to redo the missions. I believe rigging was so rampant on EU vs RU server, that they removed the ability to earn the tank again, ever, from certain players. The missions are far more attainable now anyway, WG set themselves up for failure with how hard they were to start with.

PuckChaser said:
907 has a glass ammo rack. There's a reason the T-22 is being used over every other Soviet medium in WGLNA, and that's the ability to bounce shots.

None of the tanks are OP, rather they have various benefits that fit certain situations.

As for the rigging, those that got temp bans, lost the tank and had to redo the missions. I believe rigging was so rampant on EU vs RU server, that they removed the ability to earn the tank again, ever, from certain players. The missions are far more attainable now anyway, WG set themselves up for failure with how hard they were to start with.

The T22's rack is just as bad as the 907 if not worse. T22 is being used because it's new and the flavour of the month. The ability to bounce shots is vastly overrated and the 62a is better in most situations where you would be trying to bounce. The T22 is good a reverse side scraping but reverse side scraping is so situational its basically rendered useless 99% of the time.
I speak from exprience when I say it is a good tank, I avg around 2600 dmg, but most good games where I'm not yolo'd and arty focused or Tk'd I do around 3000 minimum usually closer to 4000 dmg 

Warpack and other 'Cheats' that are so prevalent on WoT are what are turning me off the game.  That and WG still denying that their MM has no problems.

Back